𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒 𝗍𝗐𝗈

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

I honestly didn't know how to react.

Part of me wanted to throw myself at him, pull Jimin into a tight hug and tell him how much I had missed him while happy tears were flowing over my cheeks like the first rain after a hot, dry summer. Another (not necessarily small) part of me wanted to lunge at him and slap the shit out of him, screaming at him with angry tears spilling from my eyes like lava about how terribly it had hurt to lose him, how inconsiderate and cowardly he had been to leave without a goodbye.

So, torn between both ways to act, I just stayed rooted to the ground, staring at him in utter disbelief, which visibly made him feel uncomfortable as he nervously shifted his weight from one foot over to the other, the strained smile previously decorating his lips fading with every second.

"Hi," he hesitantly whispered out, and with the distance separating us, I could barely even hear him. Slowly, he began making his way over to me with cautious steps, as if I was an animal that could lunge at him every second. "How are you?"

And that question, the audacity to ask for my well-being despite having left me that carelessly, treating me like a mere afterthought, made me crumble down, my mind going fully insane as it decided to mix the two possible ways to react into one.

With a choked cry, I threw myself into his arms, tears hazing my vision, my fists weakly beating against his chest as though they couldn't decide whether to hug him rather. And he took all of it without protesting, without backing away, his arms coming around me, encompassing me tightly as though he couldn't bear any distance between us either. Eventually, my movements slowly became more sluggish, and with a sob, I buried my face in his chest, breathing in his warm, sweet scent of oranges and vanilla, my shoulders shaking as I cried.

"I know," Jimin tenderly mumbled, his voice seeming to be blocked by tears as well, one of his hands coming up to softly pet my hair, the soothing gesture only resulting in my sobs growing more intense, my hands fisting the fabric of his shirt, afraid that this was all a dream and I was about to lose him again. "I'm sorry," he whispered so quietly that I almost didn't hear him.

Softly sniffling in response, I buried my head deeper into his chest.

I didn't know how long we remained like that, but after a while of us standing there in a tight embrace, desperately clinging to each other as if we would wither away without the touch, my whole body had grown so awfully exhausted from all the emotions that my legs were starting to give in, only Jimin's strong arms preventing me from falling.

"Whoa, careful there," he softly mumbled, adjusting his grip on me to help me sit on the parquet floor, his arms staying around me the entire time as if he'd never leave my side again.

"Why," I weakly pushed out, voice hoarse from the crying. Despite having assumed already that the reason for Jimin to leave me that unexpectedly had been the sasaengs finding out about his whereabouts, I still wanted an explanation actually coming from him. And it seemed like the one word I had whispered was enough for Jimin to understand what I had meant in an instant since he started explaining before I could elaborate further.