𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

Confusion washed over me after he stated his request. Me? Teaching him? How to dance?

Even when I had met him first back then in the café, giving him a once-over, I had immediately recognized him to be a dancer. His muscles that sat on the right places bulging the skin above, the way he moved and carried himself, even the way he placed his feet- gracefully and elegantly- practically screamed that the stranger had professionally trained for a long time, and it rendered me nothing but surprised that he wanted me to teach him dance despite already knowing how to.

But if getting taught how to dance was his wish, I would comply with it. Although I would have to reconsider my schedule to somehow squeeze in his dance lesson between the ones of other dance students and my job at the café, I certainly preferred the alternative over letting him live in my house for free and having to pay the double energy and water bill. The additional dance lessons would also cause me not to have that much spare time, but I would hazard the consequences without batting an eyelash if it implied that I wouldn't have to spend money to compensate for the darn shirt. Soobin and Areum would certainly forgive me for turning down offers to meet up with them if I told them that I was busy.

Convinced that it was the right decision, I locked eyes with the stranger and stretched out my hand to him. He took it, and we shook each other's hands in agreement.

"Deal," I said grimly, not having an alternative.

As we let go, he grinned satisfied, and I didn't know if I should be relieved or regretful.

Unsure of what to do, intimidated by his sole presence looming over me, I looked around, trying to figure out how to proceed. My eyes found the stairway that lead to the upper floor, and an idea formed in my mind.

"Do you want me to show you where you'll live?" I asked quietly, but he seemed to have understood it because he nodded and followed me upstairs, leaving the suitcase in the hallway.

The stairs creaked under our weight as the house was fairly old, and the sounds felt as if the house was trying to hinder us from going up, warning both the stranger and me that something malicious and mysterious on the second floor was awaiting us. But maybe it was only my unsettled and frightened mind playing into my imagination, wanting to keep the stranger out of the house.

It didn't take long to reach the second floor, even though the stairway was narrow and steep, making it exhausting to climb up. When we arrived in the corridor, the wind played with my still slightly damp hair, entering through the windows I had forgotten to close earlier. It was slightly chilly, and I shuddered as the cold autumn air touched my body, stroking over it with cold fingers. 

With an excusing expression, I turned around to the stranger and hinted an apologetic bow. "I forgot to close the windows. By the way, the heaters work just fine if you're cold."