𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗂𝗏𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

With a runny nose and chattering teeth, I finally arrived in the street where my house was located and strode along the sidewalk to escape the unfriendly weather as fast as possible. Mentally, I was already preparing myself for the unfortunate but very likely possibility of coming across my rude and cold tenant again as suddenly someone called my name when I arrived in front of my house.

In confusion, I turned around, only to notice Mrs. Lee hastily crossing the distance between her house and mine, her arms clasped around her upper body to warm herself as she was only wearing a shirt under a light cardigan; nothing to stand the cruelly cold temperatures of autumn.

With widened eyes, I hastened towards her in worry. "Mrs. Lee, what are you doing outside? You'll catch a cold!"

"Don't fret, darling," she motherly replied with a soft smile, though I could tell that she was uncomfortable as the piercing, cold wind continued to blow.

"What is it?" I thus asked quickly, eager to make it short to allow us both to return to the warmth of our homes.

"You know, I watched something strange today," she hummed, her frown growing even more apparent. "There was a man entering your house, but he seemed to have the key?" she informed me, but it seemed more like a question since she pulled up her eyebrows as she looked at me, the wrinkles in her forehead deepening.

"Oh," I made in relief after a second of confusion and worry, glad to realize what– or rather who– she had seen. "I finally have a tenant for the upper floor!" I replied, a lot more enthusiastic than I actually felt about the rude stranger intruding my home and temporarily living in it.

"Yes, that's fine, I suppose, and I would be delighted to hear that if it weren't for the fact that the person is the man from yesterday who shouted at you in the café." 

She leaned forwards and looked at me with concern evident in her eyes. "Is that guy giving you a hard time?"

"Don't worry, ahjumeoni!" I laughed awkwardly, deciding not to tell her about what he had done to me after the café incident as not to make her worry. "He just decided to rent the house because he needs a stay somewhere."

She hummed, with a pondering expression, obviously not believing my words but seeming to decide not to press on it, leaving the matter to me. "If you say so, darling. But come to me if there are any problems, okay?"

"Of course I will. Thank you so much," I replied with a smile and bid the lovely lady goodbye before we both parted to walk to our homes.

With a sigh, my (hopefully convincing) act of a carefree demeanor dropped as I inserted the key into the keyhole, pushing the front door open. There was no doubt that I loved Mrs. Lee as a motherly figure, and it felt awfully and devastatingly wrong to lie to her. However, I didn't want to make her worry too much about me, so being silent about how Jimin's behavior was the best decision.