𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖿𝗈𝗎𝗋

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

Only shortly after I had started my search outside, I realized that the umbrella was totally useless to fight against the heavy downpour since the harsh wind almost ripped it out of my fingers immediately, the thick, cold droplets hitting me either way. So I closed it and carelessly tossed it to the side, figuring that it didn't matter anyway since it would only interfere as it obscured my view and allowed the wind to push me around and keep me from walking as fast as necessary. Even though the feeling in my gut was telling me that I wouldn't find him, I decided to ignore it and first check out the café and the convenience store that luckily were right next to each other, as they were the only places I could imagine Jimin to be.

The piercing wind nipped painfully on my skin while I was hastening through the rain, the downpour penetrating my jacket and drenching me to the bone, but my mind was numb and rendered me ignorant of the uncomfortable feeling as my thoughts were only swirling around Jimin and the devastatingly strong urge to find him. My feet quickly carried me through the rain despite the way my whole body was shaking from the icy coldness, my face grimly frowning in worry. 

After a while, I finally reached the heart of the village where the café and the store were located. As I arrived in front of the café, no lights were shining from the inside, the sign on the door screaming a 'CLOSED' in my face, just like I had expected. After all, our shift for the day had already ended a while ago and Mrs. Lee surely had closed up the café after I had bolted out of it earlier.

Gasping for air, exhausted from running, I entered the convenience store right next to it, earning an appalled glance from the cashier, who seemed to have been lazily slumping in his chair, now straightening and taking in my undoubtedly horrendous appearance as I ran up to him, drenched from the rain, my lips numb and whole body shivering despite the welcoming warmth the store provided.

"H-have you perh-haps seen a man-n with a dark-k jacket and a face m-mask of approximately t-this height?" I asked, having difficulties pressing words through my chattering teeth, holding my hand up to indicate Jimin's approximate height.

"No?" the probably forty-year-old man replied, questioningly lifting an eyebrow. "I think I've seen someone like that a few times during the past weeks, but I can't remember if he was here today. However..." he continued, making an excruciatingly long pause.

"Yes?" I asked harshly, growing impatient as I desperately wished for him to say something that would be helpful in my search.

"We do sell umbrellas here if you need one?" the cashier continued, gesturing to them with a shrug and a slightly disgusted look at me.

"No, thanks," I spat, not having the self-control to stay polite in that situation.

Despite the cashier's previous statement, I walked – or rather raced – further into the store, ignoring his protests as I ran through the aisles, almost running into a woman that exclaimed a startled "Oh, dear!". Without my searching eyes even glancing at her, I absently bowed in her direction, mumbling an apology, and continued to let my feet carry me through the store, a devastated sigh leaving my lips as I finally realized that apart from the cashier, the woman and me, the store was void of any other person.