𝖿𝗈𝗋𝗍𝗒 𝖾𝗂𝗀𝗁𝗍

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

The recently fallen snow crunched under my soles, the pleasant sound accompanied by the happy tingling of the accessories and tags on the collar of an overjoyed puppy that was frolicking around through the pristine white crystals. But despite the beautiful scenery of the wintery world, the streetlights shining softly through the twilight and the adorable Shiba Inu enjoying the snow with much enthusiasm, throwing himself into piles of the white flakes with excited barks since the moment we had stepped foot outside, an affronted pout remained on my lips.

"They kicked me out of my own house! Can you believe that, Beety?" I whined, but the puppy just tugged on its leash excitedly before yeeting straight into the next snow pile, only to emerge from it with a slight shiver, shaking off the white crystals that were clinging to his brown fur, painting it a lighter shade. However, he seemed to have dismissed the discomfort from the coldness in an instant and already set his eyes on the next snow pile, yapping joyfully, ready to jump right into it.

"I can't believe my own friends would do that!" I groaned, Beety turning to me with a compassionate whimper before he excitedly tugged on the leash again.

Honestly, I had been pretty baffled – no, affronted – when Areum had stolen the phone out of my hands and forced me out of the house with the words "Stop searching him up again, you're becoming obsessed at this point! Touch some grass or at least some snow!" and Soobin ignoring my protests and agreeing while adding, "You should ask the Lees if you can take Beety with you!"

Huffing, I watched as the puppy licked up the snow from the ground, his tail wagging so much that it seemed like he would lose his balance any moment.

"And I'm not obsessed! I just really miss Jimin! And no one can deny that his group's music is good. But I swear, it's not unhealthy!" I grumbled.

At those words, Beety suddenly stopped what he was doing, his eyes focusing on me in an almost disbelieving way, making me pout at his reaction. Unfortunately, it wasn't like he was wrong. Concluding from the way my heart ached and shattered each time anew whenever I saw a certain talented man with his plump lips, sharp jaw-line, breathtaking vocals, and graceful movements on my screen, so close but still so far out of reach, my habit of searching him up on the internet multiple times a day certainly wasn't healthy at all. But I just couldn't help it, even if it was basically torture for me. There was no way I could ever forget the memories we had created together, nor could I dismiss my feelings for him, despite it being almost a month since the last time we had seen each other. And now that it was getting close to Christmas, my longing for him only increased as I pictured him cozily sitting next to me in front of the fireplace, exchanging gifts with each other like a romantic couple.

Shaking my head, I released a deep sigh, watching as Beety excitedly chased after a poor bird that was sitting unsuspectingly on the sidewalk.

It wasn't like during the past four weeks I hadn't been busy enough to (at least theoretically) stay distracted from my misery.