𝗌𝖾𝗏𝖾𝗇𝗍𝖾𝖾𝗇

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

The excitement and euphoria that rushed through me from knowing that someone was finally interested in renting the second floor of the house made me instantly forget all the nightmare-like bad things that had occurred in the café today. My lips wore a bright smile, showing off my joy like a pretty accessory, and I wasn't able to claim back the control of my facial features. Even though there wasn't enough time for me left to freestyle a bit on my own before the dance student would arrive, solely thanks to the call, I was filled with happiness and contentedness that, to that amount, I usually only felt while dancing. Just because of the single phone call, all my worries seeming to have evaporated into thin air, vanishing completely and letting me take free breaths, lungs for once not clenched in the cold grip of distress and emotional pain.

The dance student smiled back when I cheerfully greeted him, and even though he made lots of mistakes while trying to copy my movements, his clumsiness wasn't enough to wipe the smile out of my face. Towards the end of the lesson, I found my gaze frequently wandering to the watch numerous times, but time seemed to pass slower than usual, which made me grow more and more annoyed. It seemed as if the clock was mocking me, moving its hands so teasingly and excruciatingly slow that every time I looked up, the watch hands had barely moved forward. Was it perhaps broken?

Eventually, the lesson ended, and I waited impatiently for the student to change his clothes in the bathroom so that I could do the same. After a while, he finally got out of the bathroom, a sweet smile making its way on his face when he saw me standing there restlessly, my own expression morphing to mirror his.

"Goodbye, Eunha! Have a great day!" he exclaimed brightly, taking his bag and opening the door.

"You too!" I replied and waited for him to get out of the building before hastily rushing towards the bathroom and changing into streetwear. When I wore my everyday clothes again, I brushed my hair since it was a tangled mess, threw the brush into my bag and left the dance studio after putting on my jacket and grabbing the bag. As soon as I had made sure that it was locked properly (though I was certain that nobody would actually break in and steal something– first because I didn't believe that there would actually be a thief in our very peaceful village and secondly because there was nothing valuable in the studio– but I still wanted to make sure that everything was safe), I started walking home. The leaves made rustling sounds while my shoes kicked them into the air and stepped through them with long strides as I wanted to reach the house as quickly as possible.

With my teeth nervously gnawing on my bottom lip, my heart racing as if I just had run a marathon, I finally reached the house and unlocked the door. Before entering, I waved at Mrs. Lee, who happened to glance out of her kitchen window the moment I arrived.

Quickly I took a shower to get rid of the sweat and wore something comfortable to clean the second floor, hoping to get it done before the man would arrive at 7 PM. It took me very long to get rid of all the dust that was covering every surface like a blanket; the particles intruding my lungs made me cough and sneeze numerous times. Additionally, I had to fight spiders for territory, trying to get rid of them as they had claimed the uninhabited floor of the house to be their home without any permission from me. But after an hour, I finally gained the victory and descended the stairs as a hero.