𝗍𝗐𝖾𝗇𝗍𝗒 𝗇𝗂𝗇𝖾

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•✿•・∙•・•・∙

𝐉𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍

When the sweet melody found its way into his ears, and he felt the need to transform the music into movements, at first, he was relieved as it seemed like the weakly remaining passion in him was finally flaring up again, awakening to its full potential. The beautiful tune soon took over his body, and he began with small movements that quickly cascaded into long steps and pirouettes through the whole room, filling it out with grace and elegance. But just as quick as the slight, hesitant flicker of his passion had ignited, fueling his hope to finally fully have it return in the process, it disappeared despite him desperately chasing after it, trying to grasp the vanishing shadows of its remnants. And it left him drowning and suffocating as his whole body felt heavy and devastatingly useless in its inability to dance as his passion still remained out of grasp. Desperately, he threw his hands up to the ceiling, hoping that any god or other divine being up there would take pity on him and bless him to restore what he had lost. But he was left with no response, the melody he had previously found sweet and pleasant now turning to sardonic laughter as though it was mocking him and his struggles. His chest squeezed in pain as the practice room seemed to grow smaller and smaller, making him feel claustrophobic in the previously welcoming but now hostile seeming atmosphere. Nevertheless, he forced himself to dance, unwilling to give up even though his movements felt cold and emotionless, even though it brought him nothing but pain.

He had to do this. He had to continue-

Suddenly, the music abruptly cut off, rendering Jimin so perplexed by the unexpected stop that he halted dead in his tracks, blinking profusely and looking around in confusion as he had to recall where he was. Eventually, his eyes found the girl standing next to the speaker, seemingly having turned off the music herself, her eyebrows furrowed as she was staring at him deep in thoughts, her piercing eyes making him feel far too vulnerable for his liking.

With anger clouding his vision in redness, he strode over to her.

"Why the heck did you stop it?" he yelled at her, noticing a glint of fear in the girl's eyes and feeling a sardonic spark of satisfaction at that. Despite how twisted and undeniably wrong it was, Jimin enjoyed eliciting such a reaction as it made him feel powerful and in control, as if he wasn't breaking apart internally like he actually was.

Still, it seemed like his attempt to intimidate her hadn't been fully successful as now that he had arrived directly in front of her, glaring her down while breathing heavily from exertion and anger at the same time, he noticed that her devastatingly understanding eyes weren't filled with fright because she was fearing him. No, it rather seemed like she was afraid for him. 

And that was enough to make the steel walls around his heart crumble down.

"Why did you–" he managed to choke out through his painfully tightened throat before he finally broke, his eyes getting blurry with frustrated tears and his knees giving in as he succumbed to the despair. And if it wouldn't have been for the startled girl reacting just in time to catch him with unexpected strength and pulling him in an embrace to stabilize and console him, he would have fallen to the ground. Desperate for someone to comfort him, he held tightly onto her, clutching her smaller body as if she was his only savior, not giving a crap about his dignity that was flying out of the window, undoubtedly having given up on him.