𝗌𝗂𝗑𝗍𝗒 𝗌𝗂𝗑

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐉𝐈𝐌𝐈𝐍

Jimin didn't know what was going on. Well, he was sure something was going on, but he just couldn't pinpoint what exactly it was, nor why.

It was just something he had picked up from the way everyone around him was behaving inadequately in certain situations – as though they were all in on a big secret. For instance, whenever he was feeling down because of the endless distance separating the girl he loved from him for the past seven weeks (yes, of course, Jimin had been counting), the other members always sensed his sullen mood and comforted him with hugs and warm words, attuned to his need for solace and not shy to provide it. Still, Jimin always caught them sending those strange glances to each other over his head, communicating soundlessly without him having any clue of the topic of their conversation. Or when they had been in a meeting about working together with Louis Vuitton (and yes, the fact that it had to be that exact brand was bittersweet) and Bang Sihyuk had mentioned in passing that there had been a few additions to the team of choreographers working under BigHit, he had noticed all of the other members and even Hitman Bang himself exchanging misplaced smirks glances.

Sure, he could have drawn the wrong conclusions, or maybe his imagination just made up something to distract him from the constant misery of the girl he loved being so far away from him, the emptiness clawing at his chest a constant company of his. But it had just happened so many times that it was implausible to solely be based on his exhausted mind conjuring it up.

Still, he couldn't exactly tell what it was. So he continued staying clueless despite trying to find out more, not even sure how many people were in on the big secret everyone seemed so adamant about him not unlocking.

Due to those reasons, he was actually partly relieved when Bang Sihyuk announced in the following week that they were planning on a new album release in two months, knowing that he would soon be drowned in work, which in turn wouldn't allow his brain much time to ponder about the weird feeling that something was going on around him and he was the only one not included. The number of activities necessary for preparing for the comeback would however immensely narrow the time he could spend talking to the girl he loved so dearly and missed with every fiber of his being, which made the idol dread delivering Eunha the bad news.

So, come evening, he sat on his bed, phone clenched tightly in his right hand and running the other one through his hair in an attempt to soothe himself, waiting the few minutes left until the agreed-on time for the video call, knowing that he wouldn't be able to bear the crestfallen look on the girl's face when he would reveal the news to her.

The time passed too soon and too slow at the same time, and with trembling fingers, he went to her contact on his phone and called her, anxiously waiting the few seconds it took her to hit the accept button and for the connection to establish. Preparing himself, he stroked his hand through his hair once more despite doubting that it managed to make it look deliberately messy instead of plainly chaotic. Jimin took a deep breath and put on a smile that he hoped wouldn't look too strained.