𝖿𝗂𝖿𝗍𝗒

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

∙・•・•∙・•❀•・∙•・•・∙

𝐄𝐔𝐍𝐇𝐀

Two weeks had passed.

Two weeks of Areum and Soobin shooting each other secretive glances, probably assuming that they were doing an excellent job at keeping me from knowing that something was going on when in reality their suspicious behavior was screamingly obvious and made me terribly anxious, afraid that whatever they were hiding would end up hurting me.

Two weeks of pretending that I was alright, keeping up an unyielding façade to convince everyone that I wasn't missing Jimin when in reality, my heart longed for him every second with such painful intensity that it felt like it was going to burst out of my constricting ribcage anytime soon and cross the whole country to get to him.

Two weeks of spending hours each day – whenever I was alone – to look up his name online, watching fancams of his elegant dancing, listening to his sweet voice singing like it belonged to the most tempting siren, trying to look at pictures of him through the curtain of tears that was blurring my vision.

Two weeks of me occasionally still waking up in cold sweat in the night, surrounded by cold and loneliness that threatened to suffocate me, unable to escape the darkness and sadness that I still hadn't overcome. My nightmares were drowning me in the devastating feeling of being alone, my subconscious temptingly dangling short snippets of memories with my mother and Jimin in front of my eyes, only to rip them away in the next second with taunting laughter when I tried to grasp them.

Luckily, I managed to keep my emotions at bay whenever I was around people, never showing my suppressed feelings of despair and loneliness to anyone, not wanting to burden the people who were the closest to me further with my struggles. And it seemed like even though they still spent a lot of time with me to ensure that I was eating healthily and being as content as my situation allowed, both the Choi couple and the Lee couple didn't seem to figure out just how awfully tormented I actually felt. Only Beety sometimes appeared to sense my emotional state – the puppy being very sensitive to human emotions – as he often approached me to cuddle with me or lick my hand while giving me a loving look out of his adorable eyes before energetically urging me to play with him, managing to distract me from my worries that way, at least for a short amount of time.

Fortunately, though, it seemed like Areum and Soobin were finally going to save me from at least one of those worries bugging my mind as they energetically entered the dance studio on Friday with excited grins, seeming to finally be ready to reveal to me whatever they had been hiding the past two weeks.

And just as expected, Areum couldn't hold the words in for long. We had only just begun stretching and warming up our bodies before the lesson when she opened her mouth.

"Eunha?" she asked slowly, obviously trying to sound casual when in reality, she looked close to bursting with how excited she was. If it hadn't been for Soobin to grab her hand and give it a calming squeeze, she surely would have started jumping up and down like Beety when someone picked up his favorite toy to play with him while her next words were already bubbling out of her mouth. "Tell me, did you have anything planned for next week?"