45: back story pt 2

"𝐈 𝐰𝐢𝐬𝐡 𝐈 𝐜𝐨𝐮𝐥𝐝 𝐬𝐭𝐚𝐧𝐝 𝐛𝐞𝐬𝐢𝐝𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐢𝐧𝐬𝐭𝐞𝐚𝐝 𝐨𝐟 𝐛𝐞𝐢𝐧𝐠 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐬 𝐟𝐚𝐫 𝐚𝐰𝐚𝐲,"

~🌙~

Eun Hyerin

The next few weeks were vital but felt like time was slowing down. Seonhui did as she offered and made up a bedroom for me at her estate. Even though I wasn't related to her in anyway, she felt like a loving grandmother who spoilt me rotten. No matter the cost, she made sure I had everything I needed to sustain myself. That also included sorting out my rippling debt. 

After contacting the company lawyers, they told me that my job contract did not allow large shifts in responsibility without written consent. It was one tiny line hidden in the brick of text that span 26 pages. However, it was my safety net and thank god for it.

When I first came into the business at 15, I told my father that the last thing I wanted was to inherit everything at once, no matter the reason. My father could be framed for homicide and I would not become head of the company the second he was in handcuffs. If and only if I wanted to take the role, all I would need is a brand new contract. 

I told my lawyers I wasn't interested and they concluded that that was fine. Though, with my denial of the role and my father being a selfish cow, the company would get put into the hands of SeoulMART: the company's third biggest investor. Whilst this was a good thing since they would have the money to pay the debts off, I was sure they would liquidate us and discontinue the company for sure. I couldn't let that happen, especially since some of my mother's work was put into our business. 

So, I offered it to someone who was passionate and I could trust completely. 

"Me? Are you sure?" Seonhui looks surprised that I even made the offer. Her reaction made me laugh and I nodded in reassurance. 

"You have partnered with us before, I don't see why not. At least this way, I can see our business work from a distance without taking part," 

"Oh, Hyerin dear. You will always have a say in tyour business. I can't possibly accept this without coordinating with you," 

"I trust you. You'll be a great CEO, Seonhui," 

Once the paper work was sorted and the debts payed by Seonhui's rainy day money I was finally free from my father's shackles. Being honest, it felt weird not having something I was dedicated to. I felt as though I had given up my life's work for my future kin to pass on. But it was such a fresh feeling. I could finally choose what I wanted to do with my life. 

"I hope your future is bright in Seoul dear," Seonhui hugged me goodbye, "Do tell me what you major in at college,"

"Well I've secretly wanted to become an idol, but I'll worry about degrees and such when I get there. I have exams to pass first,"