Elegance

Azur Lane Base
Commander's Office
0732 Hours
Day 83
83:07:32:23

"I'll take you up on your offer, Frederich." You said to her. To the contender, you said. "I'll be sure to accept your offer another time, Hood."

"Of course, Commander, though an invitation for the afternoon remains." Hood nodded. "Fear not, Miss Frederich. I will send for assistance."

"Danke, Lady Hood." Frederich smiled warmly in your direction. "We must be off if we are to ensure your safe passage to Ironblood dorms."

Nodding, you took her hand and quickly moved out of the office. Frederich was also wise enough to guide you through one of the side exits rather than the main doors. She also used one of the base vehicles, in this case a Volkswagen, to expedite the travel time and easily leave behind rig-less ship girls.

The Ironblood dorms were decorated similarly to Royal Navy in style. Hailing from Europe, it made sense for this to be the case. However, Ironblood replaced elegance and royalty with austere and militaristic. In place of flowers and a white decor, there was gray with busts and paintings of the Kriegsmarine.

Frederich guided you to one of the upper floors, passing a group of German destroyers.

"Guten Morgen, Mutter." Z1, Z23 and Z46 greeted timidly. Z46 seemed especially on edge.

"Guten Morgen little ones." Frederich cooed. "Did you all rest well?"

"Ja. Kommandant? What are you doing here?" Z23 asked.

"Your poor Bruder needs rest and shelter from some of his more... passionate companions." The battleship explained. The destroyers nodded in comprehension.

"And if they ask for him, tell them you don't know for certain where exactly he is." Frederich placed additional emphasis on those words. She was not telling them to lie. She was in fact telling them to be truthful. Frederich never told them where you were going, therefore they could not know with certainty where you were.

"Ja, Mutter." Z23 nodded dutifully. With that, they turned away. Z46 however kept glancing back nervously as they went in the opposite directions.

"Is 46 afraid of you?" You asked Frederich.

"For some reason, she doesn't like it when I try to pamper her. Naturally, that makes me all the more determined to do so." Frederich explained.

You continued to follow her to the upper floors of the Ironblood dorms. Finally she stopped in front of a door with the name "Frederich der Große" engraved on plate.

Frederich's room matched the overall color scheme. But Frederich's decorations included conductor instruments and a flute mounted on the walls. She had portraits of Ludwig van Beethoven, Wolfgang Amadeus Mozart, John Williams, and pictures of Ironblood.

"Now, come and sit with me, my child." Frederich sat down on the bed and patted the spot next to her. When you did, she clicked her tongue looking you over.

"You have done a wonderful job conducting the fleet, my child. Your symphonies have been wonderful in keeping us all safe. Not a single ship girl loss in spite of the extreme danger. Now, let me reward you properly."

She pulled out some German chocolate.

"I imagine you did not have time to finish your meal. So let's amend that shall we?" She held the food in front of your mouth. "I do prefer this to fighting. Here, my child. Open your mouth~ ahhn~."

You went along with it. It was nice to have this kind of treatment once in a while. Belfast was your trusted maid, Enterprise and Akagi were loyal and extremely caring, and Eugen loved to fluster. If Atago usually had an Onee-Sama approach, Frederich was the Mama.