Escalation

Azur Lane Base
Outside Commander's Quarters
0030 Hours
Day 78
78:00:30:52

"Yeah, I think you overestimated your tolerance."

"*Hic* Nein, Liebling. I'm *Hic* not drunk. *Hic*."

"Then why am I carrying you?"

Prinz Eugen, clearly drunk from the events, took a moment to remember you were carrying her from the car, bridal style. Enterprise, Belfast and Akagi looked on from the entrance, which Belfast held open. None of them had consumed any sizable amount alcohol. Enterprise did not because she remained consistent in wanting to stay in a ready state any time. Belfast would not to not be compromised in her maid duties. Akagi cited not wanting to make a fool of herself in front of you.

"Oh. Ve are *Hic* married already?" Eugen remarked when you reached the doorway. She was citing the tradition in marriage for one to carry the other into their house.

"No, Eugen. Just sleep alright?" You said gently. She nodded and started to drift off. When you reached one of the rooms meant for her, she was fast asleep, nuzzling against your chest. Tucking her in was no problem. You turned to see Belfast. Perfect timing.

"Sorry to ask you this, but can you take care of her in the morning?" You requested. It certainly would not be fun dealing with a German cruiser with a hangover, and you still had a summit to attend to.

"Of course (F/n)." Belfast nodded. With that, you went to your room and changed in the connected washroom. As expected when you got out, Enterprise and Akagi were waiting for you. The kitsune once again took care to have you rest in her tails and cuddle one shoulder, Enty cuddling the other.

Azur Lane Base
Eagle Union Conference Room
0943 Hours
Day 78
78:09:13:06

All parties had taken their seats. All were now in the process of evaluating your debriefing of Observer Alpha's demise. Screens showed the other top officials in their respective conference rooms. You were there with Enterprise, Yorktown, Akagi, Amagi, Hood, Queen Elizabeth, Bismarck and Frederich.

"All things considered, the capability of inflicting such blows has brought us all together." The United States Secretary of Defense said from his seat here at Azur Lane. This was the highest value official present, accompanied by the appropriate security detail.

"Now, per the President and the leaders of all nations, it's time to consider going on the offensive. Until now, all operations had been defensive or counterattacks. It's time to take the fight to them."

All participants visibly shifted. Then one of the French admiralty spoke up in English.

"How would that be done?"

"Dr. Yostar?" Mr. Secretary deferred to the doctor.

"Well, as you know, Sirens have teleportation technology that we can't replicate. However, thanks to Commander (L/n)'s actions, we were able to capture several of these facilities at Wake Island. It seems that personal teleportation devices are only granted to high level personnel, and the rank and file use standard platforms."

"Begging your pardon Dr. Yostar, but if that is the case, then why didn't Observer Alpha simply vanish into thin air?" One of the British admirals, Holland, raised as a very valid question.

"Autopsy reports indicate that Commander (L/n)'s initial ambush damaged that part of the rigging. It's located deep in back of the body. A neurological implant."

"What do you propose, Mr. Secretary?" You asked him directly. You knew where he was leading with Yostar's information.

"The President is entertaining the presented option that we reverse engineer this technology to first assess, and then launch an assault. The targets would be the teleportation facilities and . But we need to get access first. Doctor Yostar can work here to complete the work."