Be Human Part II

USS Enterprise
Hangar Deck
1107 Hours
Day 16
16:11:07:23

"Big brother?"

The small high pitched voice woke you from your temporary rest in the cockpit of your jet. A look down to the left showed it was Unicorn, still hugging her plushie. At her side was Belfast and Illustrious.

The fleet had been making good pace back to base. And with no hint of further enemy action, you opted to take a breather after hours of flight not including a few dogfights and coordinating the fleet.

"Yes, Unicorn?"

"W-would big brother like to join the Royal Navy for lunch?" Unicorn asked.

The question made you notice your stomach was empty. A glance to the other end of the hangar deck showed that the Royal Navy had set up a dining table And since there was an offer, who were you to refuse?

"Sure." You said, while climbing out of the aircraft. "Thank you."

Unicorn ducked behind her plushie at the thanks. Belfast, Illustrious and yourself smirked at the adorable carrier's reaction.

"If you will follow us, Commander." Illustrious motioned to you to accompany the three. You nodded, while taking your fighter pilot helmet off. Illustrious lead the way, with Unicorn beside her. Belfast took her maid position behind you.

But as you made your way to the arranged place on the other side of the hangar, you could not help but notice Unicorn kept glancing back, specifically at what you held in your right hand.

"Unicorn, you want to see my helmet?" You offered the mentioned item to the carrier. She nodded quickly, holding out a hand. You placed the helmet into her hand, and carrier then made to put it on her own head. And as with any child that did this, it obviously did not fit, and yet was that much cuter.

By that point, you were in earshot of the rest of the Royal Navy along with several Eagle Union members. The diners started with Queen Elizabeth, Warspite, Hood, Prince of Wales, Hornet and Cleveland.

"Good to see you Commander." Hood said to you in greeting. Her leader was already digging in the second you and the others sat down. The battle cruiser was to your right. Hornet was to your left.

"Likewise, Hood." You bowed your head to the rest of the Royal Navy. "I apologize. I didn't find time to get out of my flight gear."

"You needn't worry Commander." Hood countered. "If anything, you look rather dashing in battle attire."

"Agreed." Illustrious concurred. "Besides, it would hardly be fair to judge you compared to Unicorn or others." The mentioned ship still had your helmet on when she began dining herself. This and idle conversation continued until everyone was more or less done. From there, it was time to address the elephant in the hangar.

"I guess while we're here, we'll do a debriefing." You said.

"Indeed. Since I and Her Majesty were left out to avoid too many participants, may I ask what happened in your mission, besides the revelation you saw fit to tell everyone present?" Warspite asked.

"I was intercepted by two enemy jets. What's more is that they were not of this world. More accurately, it belonged to a universe that's evidently not fiction anymore. That was more surprising than the fact that they were piloted by Prinz Eugen and Graf Zeppelin." You sported a cocky smirk. "But tech and strength doesn't make up for skill."