Tora! Tora! Tora!

Author's Note: This pretty much follows the events of the anime, albeit with some tinkering on my part. I obviously don't own the anime or the game. Please support the original creators. And on that note, let's begin.

Azur Lane Base
Harbor
10:00 Hours
Day 1
00:00:00:01

Your first official day as Azure Lane's commanding officer started off as a beautiful day out in the Pacific. It was after a small breakfast and settling in to your office did you receive a call from your UN superiors. After the usual pleasantries, they suggested starting to acclimate to the personnel on base, specifically the ships. It wasn't a short walk from your office to the harbor, where upon you met the first of many ship girls you would work with in your career.

"Oh, are you the new human commander?" One of the pair asked. You recognized her as Cleveland. The other was Prince of Wales.

 The other was Prince of Wales

You nodded

You nodded. "Commander (Y/n) (L/n), United States Navy. Or I suppose Eagle Union."

At once the pair stiffened, Cleveland especially, to attention.

"At ease." You told them. From what you were briefed on, they weren't used to that anyhow. The pair relaxed and began their introductions.

"I'm Cleveland of Eagle Union" Cleveland said with a cheery smile.

"Prince of Wales of Her Majesty's Royal Navy." Wales nodded politely and I bowed my head in greeting. "I suppose you are wandering about to become accustomed to this new base."

You nod. "From what I understand, we also have more ships arriving soon."

Cleveland placed her hands behind her head and walked ahead along the boardwalk. "Yeah, things are pretty exciting around here."

Wales smiled dryly as we trailed. "I'd describe it as overcrowded. Look around. Eagle Union and Royal Navy are both gathering at this base, and things don't seem to be slowing down anytime soon."

Cleveland turned around. "I bet Wales can't guess who else is coming to our side. Your hint is that it's our greatest warrior with the most battle stars ever received!"