Blockade Buster

Pacific Ocean, Off the Coast of Guam
KMS Bismarck, Captains Quarters
0500 Hours
Day 47
47:05:00:08

BANG! BANG!

"Herr Kommandant, it is time." Prinz Eugen's voice carried through the metal hatch. "Herr Bismarck requests your presence on the bridge."

You quickly began to rouse yourself from the bed immediately, beginning to dress for battle. An Navy blue shirt, NWU pants, combat boots, a selected pistol and comm device.

"A pity war does not respect a good nights rest." Belfast commented as she herself was getting ready.

"Yeah. But the people on Guam are counting on us." You said. The ambushes you carried out last night were only the first phase. With most of their ranged air support diminished, the next move was to move in and break through the Siren Fleets blockading the island.

From there, the objective was to have the heavy hitters of Azur Lane act as fire support for the forces on the ground. Remaining forces would act as a QRF on Seahawks that were on station not far off. If all went well, local ground forces might be able to push Siren ground forces out with the assistance of Essex, Intrepid and Shangri-La. The fleet would also help ferry remaining civilians, and MEDEVAC. And if the Sirens persisted, then the fleet would escort all personnel out.

The simple fact was that you could only do so much in the F-18 before being forced to land to rearm, time that was precious to the Azur Lane fleet. Like any other operation, it was better if you were up in front. It allowed for a better feel and certainly helped in leadership. Historically, the soldier tended to look favorably on an officer that shared their danger.

Which was why you were on one of these ships

A battleship plotting its course.

The pride of a nation and beast made of steel. The Bismarck.

The great thing about the ship girls was that when their vessels were in their normal state, they not only offered a ship, but one that could be run without a crew. The ship girls controlled the entirety of the ship, including the big guns. That also made them ideal for ferrying people to safety. Of course, that also meant that the host ship girl could not switch to her rig.

Soon, you and Belfast were ready and exited out to a waiting Prinz Eugen. She walked with you to the upper deck of the control tower portion of the bridge superstructure. The dawn revealed a rather calm sea within normal eyesight, along with the outline of Guam about twenty miles out. Distant flashes and tracers showed its combative state. The Sirens were still pushing. Standing at the forefront was the battleship herself along with Bunker Hill.

"Commander on Deck!" Bunker Hill called out, snapping to attention. Bismarck did the same.

"As you were. What's our status Bismarck?"

"Closing on the island from the vest as planned Herr Kommandant." The battleship said stoically. "Ve shall be within range soon."

"Good." You replied. "Bel, I'm going to need that plan B in the armory."

"Very good, Commander." Belfast nodded and went to retrieve said item.

"Plan B?" Bismarck echoed.

"Contingency. If things get that close, we're in the thick of it." You explained.

"You don't think ve will win? Do you doubt me Herr Kommandant?" Prinz Eugen teased.

"I doubt Sirens respecting personal space." You replied. "I need to enforce it. Are the others in position?"