Calm

Azur Lane Base
Mess Hall
0800 Hours
Day 9
09:08:00:01

You smiled in satisfaction. Today's the day.

What day is today.

Today's the day!

What day is today? The day the Gray Ghost actually was open without any prompting or urging by you or Belfast!

And no, the author will not ruin this moment. Comedy is reserved to less important character development parts. This is not abridged.

You stood in the line to be served by Nevada, the food of which appeared to be bacon, donuts, eggs and...... green beans? Maybe the audience knows. Except Nevada seemed to be extra generous as she piled on additional food for you and the Enterprise. You raised your eyebrows while Enterprise spoke for you two.

"Isn't that a bit much?" Enterprise asked of the battleship.

"Oh don't be so modest. I owe you one for helping Oklahoma. Thanks for that." Nevada explained, smiling for effect.

'Wait, didn't I assign her to the task force in the first place? I mean.... maybe the plan had better results or it kept her in less danger?  But Enterprise also didn't do anything to directly help Oklahoma. So why.......'

"Ah. Good morning, Enterprise. Morning, Commander." The voice of Arizona made you realize you were holding up the line.

"Oh hello." Enterprise said to them.

"Morning, Arizona and Pennsylvania." You nodded to them.

"Good morning ladies, what'll it be today?" Nevada said to the battleship sisters.

'You know what, I'll take it.' You thought, regarding the pile of food you got.

You and Enterprise moved to find a suitable table. She still appeared confused by the extra food she got, so you figured now was a time to remind her of something.

"Hey remember, seldom, if not ever, pass up free food." You told her. She nodded as she walked along with you.

"Hey there, Enterprise." Northampton greeted the ship as the two of reached the table she and her sister ships Houston and Chicago resided. "Commander." She nodded to you before noting the piles of food. "Wow, that's a lot. You two must be hungry."