Beachhead

Azur Lane Base
Commander's Office
1000 Hours
Day 49
49:10:00:08

All forces had made it safely back to the Azur Lane Base. Nimitz and her battle group were now patrolling the waters around the base. Essex and her sister carriers seemed to be acclimating well to the new home with their fellow Eagle Union ships. The overall mission was a complete success. Guam had been held. On top of that, Siren activity had declined since.

But there was a reason for this, and why there was an entire carrier battle group patrolling around the base. You had a target on your back. And that meant there was no room for rest.

As tragic as it was, there was not much remaining feelings with the encounter with O'Hare. Doing so would be exactly what that Siren wanted. There was not the time for doubt, especially when he all but told you to shoot him down.

The paperwork you were going through now was hoping to address the renewed Siren focus on you and Azur Lane. With the arrival of the Essex Carriers, you were working to give Akashi and Vestal the green light on giving the other Eagle Union Carriers some upgrades. Once the paperwork was complete, the Eagle Union ships would all have access to F6F Hellcats in place of the older Wildcats and the SB2C Helldivers for the Dauntless. Research was also working to upgrade the other factions as best you can. New SG radar. Repair kits. Steam Catapults. And this was for only one set of ships for one faction, with many more papers like it to do on that day. Anything that could be researched or acquired was to be done as soon as possible.

Then the door opened. You were so focused on the work in front of you however, you ignored it.

"Commander?"

You looked up. Four ships from each faction. Yorktown, Illustrious, Amagi and Frederich der Große. The de facto mother figures of each faction.

"What is it ladies?"

"We want to speak with you on an urgent matter." Amagi said.

"And that is?"

"There are concerns about an individual within the base. The sentiment is something all four factions are in agreement on." Illustrious.

"Who?"

"That individual is you, my child." Frederich declared. You raised your eyebrows in confusion. What exactly were they referring to? What was wrong with you, specifically. Was something you were doing hurting them?

"By all counts, you've been working from dawn till dusk for a month now, with little rest and little time away from your duties." The Ironblood battleship clarified. "And now, you return from three days of battle. It is admirable, but also unhealthy for my son."

"We are saying that starting tomorrow, the fiftieth day of your command no less, you are to rest for the next few days." Illustrious said.

You sighed. "I appreciate the thought, but there's still a good amount of work I need to get done."

"Now I see why you and my sister are a couple." Yorktown commented.

"Now wait a minute-"

"Begging your pardon, Commander, but you did reprimand Ms. Enterprise multiple times for the same habit." Belfast interjected.

"Et tu, Belfast?"

"And you won't be alone while everyone else works." Amagi added, handing a file. "You'll find that I've already made the arrangements."

You looked at the papers, then glanced up at them.

"Alright then. Tomorrow's a day off. I imagine Akashi is absolutely rolling in dough right now."