Drei

Azur Lane Base
Ironblood Campus
1753 Hours
Day 50
50:17:53:09

Harrowing. That is how you would describe that contest where ship girls fought fiercely and viscously. All in the name of spending a day with you, their Commander.

All of the ship girls completely and utterly failed to spot you as you hid and evaded in the forest on the beach. Failed to see you that is. There was no rule against sniffing you out, and you forgot that some of the ship girls had animal features, and by extension, animal senses.

More specifically, you did not anticipate hiding from a passionate fox girl with a complimentary strong sense of smell. Akagi eventually tracked down your scent. And once found, she had no trouble with her abilities apprehending you. Were it not for Enterprise acting as a referee, she might have attempted to abscond with you right there.

The rest of the contests came in the forms of of a shooting range the Manjuu's set up, with specific ones, scores and scaling for specific ship types overseen by Enterprise. Single combat with kendo or shinai sticks followed with Takao as the ref. A cooking contest watched over by Belfast followed, with you, Amagi, and Queen Elizabeth as the additional judges.

For the kids, the winner came as a slight surprise. She may have been shy, but everyone had underestimated her will to spend time with her big brother. Unicorn nailed the targets (It was rumored Enterprise helped her out with her skills while you were away). Her innocent demeanor played to her advantage in single combat when Z23 hesitated to her puppy eyes. Well, all warfare is based on deception. She credited Illustrious for making some cookies that won you and the judges over.

The teenage group? Oddly enough the first Knight of the Sea came out. In hindsight, it added up. Cleveland likely had the most battle experience among the adolescent ship girls from any faction. She had been there from the beginning. The only one who had given her some trouble was Z23, also nicknamed "Nimi". Though a destroyer, Z23 was surprisingly aged.

And the lady came as no surprise. Who else was literally named one of the First Carrier Division and senior leader of her faction? Those titles do not come without showing prowess, and it showed with perfect and precise maneuvers, formation and aim. While no Takao, she certainly showed a mindset to win. And it was obvious that she had been practicing her culinary skills so as to impress you and prove herself. Yep, Akagi won hands down, likely exactly as Amagi calculated.

Still, it was exhausting to you, even as a day off. So as the sun went, you went over to the Ironblood side of the base. The tavern club you had commissioned did not take long for the Manjuu's to complete. Nor did it take long for the establishment known as (. ) to grow popular with ship girl and authorized personnel alike. Now seemed to be good time to visit it, especially when Eugen reminded you of it.

To be clear, you would not be grabbing any booze. An impaired Commander was not necessarily a good look if things went wrong. Not to mention concern over what you might try to do under the influence. And perhaps most importantly, you did not want to ruin Unicorn's impending day with her big brother.

The Ironblood battlecruisers Gneisenau and Scharnhorst stood as bouncers to the entrance. Bouncers with 280 mm shells.

 Bouncers with 280 mm shells