Maverick

Azur Lane Base
Commanders Quarters
0404 Hours
Day 42
42:04:04:50

"(Y/n), you seem rather well rested." Belfast said innocently

"It was a good nights sleep." You shrugged. "I even dreamt about feel so warm and comfortable, as if someone was cuddling me........."

Hold it.

You looked to Belfast. The suspicion was there, but there was no way to pin the blame on her. When you woke up, she had been fully dressed and attending to her usual duties, and you had been alone when you turned in for the night. There was also no hint of someone else's presence when you got up. And Belfast remained very innocent in her expression.

"Clever girl." You muttered.

"I beg your pardon, (Y/n)?" Belfast said as you walked out the door.

"Nothing important." You answered, focusing on those present outside. As discussed the day before, Takao and Zuikaku were present and waiting to begin. They were not in their usual clothes, but rather a modest PT uniform that must have been standard for Sakura Empire.

"Good morning Shikikan." Zuikaku greeted.

"Morning ladies." You said. "I usually start with running, so that's what we'll start with."

"Hai!"

Azur Lane Base
Marine Camp Hathcock, West Beach
0441 Hours
Day 42
42:04:41:03

The run itself went fine. The pair of ship girls, given their natural physical abilities, had no trouble keeping pace, with Belfast in the car behind the three of you as it normally was. After running (X) miles, you were now on the beach on the US Marine side of the base. It was more accurate to say this was usually one of your preferred spots for PT. The equipment the Marines had set up were a nice bonus and the commanding officer for the Marines had no serious objections.

"Good morning, Commander." The Marine riflemen patrolling their perimeter greeted you as you ran up. "More company?"

"Sakura Empire cruiser Takao and carrier Zuikaku asked to join me. They're with me." You said. Belfast was already known to the Marines.

"Gotcha." A Lance Corporal nodded. "Be advised that some of the guys are out doing PT too."

"Got it." You said as you ran past them.

Sure enough, a Marine platoon was already up and at it. Of course, you showing up did cause some distraction.

"Morning, Commander." Their leading officer, a Second Lieutenant ran up and snapped to attention. Some of the Marines took notice of you and your entourage, but their NCO's worked to have them stay focused.

"As you were, Lieutenant." You answered, having stopped your run now. "Don't mind us."

"Understood." The Officer said before returning to join his men.

With that you proceeded to carry on with the usual exercises. Push ups, sit ups, flutter kicks, burpees was what you started with. The interesting part was working with two others. You, Takao and Zuikaku took turns keeping count, holding the person in sit up position down, or you imitated some of the exercises the Marines had by practicing carrying one another. The ship girls had no trouble with that or the obstacle course the Marines had set up. It was at the pull up bars where things were interesting.

The Marines had allowed for you to make use of one of the bars. When it was Takao's turn, the Marines there couldn't help but watch curiously.

"That's one of those ship girls right?" One of them said.