Heaven's Gate

USS Azur
Mirror Sea: Megalith
Day 97
Unknown Time

The distraction brought forth by the META's gave you the crucial opening for the ships to begin the initial push. With Purifier knocked down by Alterprise, the other META's wasted no time opening fire even as they left the portal. You threw the throttle forward, intent on charging through.

The ship girls followed suite. All of them were in a general protective formation around your boat. Akagi, Enterprise, Shinano and so many other carriers immediately launched air strikes, but they were beaten out by Bismarck and the dreadnought shells striking anything in their way.

"What do we shoot at?" Alan asked on one of the gun turret stations. "The girls are firing at anything that moves!"

"Concentrate on the clones! Let's see them dodge chain guns!" You ordered. In the meant time, you paid attention to the window that lead to outside. It not only helped you navigate, but it had a reticule for the railgun and other features of a Heads Up Display.  Even as you navigated with one hand, you took any and every available shot at Siren clones or ships directly in your way.

"Commander, I'm picking up multiple portal openings surrounding the facility. The Sirens have seen fit to call in all they can to stop us through overwhelming an exhausted group." Meta Helena informed you.

"So hurry up!" Alterprise managed to get out in between dodging fire from Purifier.

The Azur pressed forward amid the storm of fire all around it, with the Azur Lane tightening their formation. The carriers remained the closest with the destroyers. Battleships, battlecruisers and cruisers themselves formed the outer perimeter. Eventually, it became more of a two or three person line procession when you steered the Azur through the Siren formation.

Suddenly, one of the Siren Leaders appeared in front guns trained on the ship. You swerved to evade, but that proved to be unnecessary when a figure slammed into her. It was Takao. You did not need to glance back to know that she had fallen out of formation.

"Takao!" You called out at the same time as Sergeant Takeo.

"Do not wait for me Shikikan." Takao said calmly. "I won't let her get away this time."

"Sheffield, Ayanami, support her!"

"Yes Commander."

"Hai Shikikan."

So the ships pressed on. Within thirty seconds after this exchange, the east entrance to Megalith came into view. Now came the risky part.

"All ships: Avalon! Repeat! Avalon!"

It was at this point where many of the ship girls in the fleet would break away and draw enemy forces away from the strike team. The forces that remained were unfortunately lacking in carriers but rather only those who had effective gunfire. The spaces were simply too narrow for their aircraft to be effective.

So that left you, battleships New Jersey, Bismarck, Friederich der Große, Pennsylvania, Rossiya, battlecruisers Amagi and Hood, heavy cruisers Prinz Eugen, Hipper, Tallin, Atago, Baltimore and Bremerton, light cruisers Belfast, San Diego, Cleveland and destroyers Allen M Sumner and Z1.