S1 | what needs to be done now : eve of the counterattack

—

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑
an attack on titan fanfic by : ARL3RTS

THE MILITARY POLICE CALLS FOR A GEAR CHECK, since two titans were killed last night, they are eager to catch culprit. "when was the last time the shaft was replaced?" the military police question a shaken sasha, "six days ago, after the clean up operation." the soldier turns to his comrade, "she checks out."

"you there!" he points to christa, "i'm christa lenz of squad 42, sir!" she gives a salute. "mind if we check your gear?". you sigh, you thought everyone in the room your standing in titans, so why are they getting in trouble?

"man, whoever killed those titans must've really hated them." connie sorts, "took the words right out my mouth." you say as armin turns his head, "because of someone's personal revenge, mankind will suffer from the lost of these titans." connie chuckles, "i'm an idiot so i'm just going to agree with you."

"today is the day we choose our regiment, correct?" you question. "yeah, and i still have no clue which one i'm going to join. before i even seen a titan i was thinking about joining the scouts but now i'm not so sure." connie answers.

"don't let some titan bitch you, connie." you say, looking in the corner of your eye and spotting jean, his hand balled up into a fist. his hand is shaking slightly, showing that he has still not recovered from marco's death.

connie turns to annie who was standing beside you, "hey annie?" he starts to speak, "what would you do? jean said he was going to enlist in the survey corps." armin eyes widen at connies statement, "wait, jean said that?"

"your still set on joining the military police huh? maybe i should head there too." connie chuckles lightly. "if someone ordered you to die, would you do it?" annie finally breaks her silence, connie scrunched his eyebrows together. "of course not."

"then why not pick your own path yourself?" connie goes silent for a bit then stares forward. annie glances at armin, "and what about you armin?" he jumps at the sound of annie's soft but yet calm tone.

"if i knew my death would mean something then yeah." annie hums at armins response, "so you've already chosen." she continues to look ahead, "i made my decision awhile ago." connie turns to armin, "seriously?"

"i'm surprised, for someone with the body of a first grader you've got guts." you speak up. making all the three of them stare at you. "( firstname ) ? where did that come from?" armins voice cracks a little, he  sounded hurt at your comment.