S1 | forest of giant trees: the 57th exterior scouting mission- part two

—

𝐖𝐀𝐑𝐑𝐈𝐎𝐑
an attack on titan fanfic by : ARL3RTS

JEAN, REINER AND ARMIN MANAGED TO ESCAPE FROM THE FEMALE TITAN, they found a spot to rest at while jean tries to whistle his horse back. "how is your gear?" reiner asks armin as he wraps a bandage around his bruised head, "it's fine, it came off like it was supposed to." reiner hums at armin's response, "that's good to know but there's nothing we can do now, even if jean manages to come back then—"

jean stops whistling while starts to take a look around the scenery, 'reiner's horse comes back like an old lover, but mines won't return' he goes to whistle again, 'we can't stay in the same spot for too long, worse case being one of us would have to be left behind, but the main question is who? armin is wounded, reiner's size makes it impossible to ride his horse with him, or should i just make a break for it and find my horse?

jean mumbles before finishing his thought, 'i cant let bullshit like this cloud my thought, after all we are still alive and now one of us has to stay behind', jean still tries desperately to call his horse back while reiner finishes wrapping up armin's head wound, he remembers the faint moment when he thought he was about to be crushed by the female titan.

"armin!" reiner snaps his fingers in front armins face to wake him up from his trance, "your head is still messed up?" reiner questions as armin nods slowly. "i'm still getting little headaches and constantly blacking out", reiner sighs, "really? well we'll get it fixed up as soon as we get out of this mess. right now we should decide which one of us should stay here."

armin shakes his head while jean stop whistling, "let's send a signal first!" he loaded the chamber and shot the purple smoke into the air. "isn't that only for emergencies?" armin questions as jean puts the flare gun away, he walks over to reiner's horse as reiner is to busy looking at armin, "let's wait awhile before we decide, i'm sure someone saw our signal"

"but we need to choose who stays behind—"

"i will." reiner sentence is interrupted by armin's confidence, "in return could you maybe report the situation to commander erwin?", jean shakes his head, "looks like you can tell him yourself, someone saw the flare!" his eye widen as he sees two people riding towards him with horses.

"it's— christa! and (firstname)! and they each have an extra horse!" jean exclaims, "are you guys okay?" christa asks in a worried tone, "i'm sure they're fine" you say as you continue to ride your horse closer to the trio. "look! it's my horse!" jean says excitedly, "poor thing ran to me like the devil was on his tail"

christa turns to look at armin and gasp, "armin, what ha—"

"what happened to your head?" you say worried, hopping off your horse and running towards him, he nods as you press your fingers against his head trying to relive him of any pain, "i'm fine, i just fell off my horse that's all."