prologue

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

Y/n's POV:

"Catch me if you can!" I say towards Katsuki, chasing me with his quirk, shooting little balls of explosions at me. "Of course I'll catch you, I always do!" He says laughing.

I keep running backward, and he stops running. "Out of breath already, Boom Boy?" I say, laughing.

I look closer at his face and see the change of expression on his face immediately. I raise an eyebrow, wondering why he looks scared... and he says, "Y/n look out!" I turn around quickly, not realizing I was in the road, and a speedy car was coming towards me. I run off of the road as fast as I can, but falling in the process on the sidewalk.

Bakugou comes running over and kneels. "Hey, are you okay!?" He says, seeing I'm bleeding down my leg badly. "It hurts Kat," I say, tears streaming down my face. "It's okay, you have the future number one hero, with you. I'm going to take you back to my house, okay?" He says.

I nod, and he lifts me off of the ground, onto his back. He quickly sprints into his house, and yells, "MOM!!" She comes walking in, on the phone.

"What is it Katsuki, I'm- Oh my God, Y/n are you okay?!" She says putting the phone down. I nod my head no, crying just a little bit harder. "Katsuki go get the medkit in the bathroom under the counter. We're going to get you all fixed up, okay? Hang in there." She says, grabbing a washcloth, wiping the dirt off of my legs, and wiping the salty tears streaming down my face. "What happened?" She asks, turning towards Kat.

"We were just running, but she was running backward, and she didn't realize she ran in the road so she almost got hit by a car but she made it to the sidewalk in time but fell. I'm sorry Y/n, I didn't mean for you to get hurt... this is all of my fault..." He says looking down, about to punch something.

"Kat you saved me back there, I would've been flattened if you never yelled at me telling me to move, don't blame yourself... I should've been looking forward." I say quietly crying more to myself.

He walks up to me and hugs me tightly. I wrap my arms around his neck, accepting the hug. "It's okay, it was neither of your faults. Here, all done." Mitsuki says, sealing the bandage on my leg.

"Do you want to stay for curry, Y/n? Or do you want me to go ahead and take you home, now?" I look up at her and smile. "I'll stay for curry!" She laughs. "Okay! Go play kids, it'll be done in a bit. Be careful, please." I look at Bakugou and smile. "Okay!" We say in unison. We run back outside and see Izuku outside.

I look at him and smile and he smiles back. He comes running over and smiles. "Hi Y/n, hi Kacchan!" I grin. "Hi, Zuku!" Bakugou scoffs at his presence and turns away. "Come on Kat, don't be like that let him play with us!" I say walking in front of him, giving him my best puppy dog eyes.

"Fine!" I smile and jump in joy. "Y/n-chan can you show me that cool trick with your quirk, again!?" I grin and nod my head yes. Katsuki looks at me with his eyebrows raised and crosses his arms. "What trick? I bet it isn't as cool as my flashy tricks!" I laugh. "Of course it isn't! Just watch!"

I take a deep breath and manipulate the water puddle nearby, taking the water, and making a sphere out of it. I point it up to the sky, and release it, making it rain in our little area. "Wow, you're so cool, Y/n-chan!" I laugh running around in the rain I created with Zuku. I see Katsuki smile and he joins in.

Finally, after a long while, Mitsuki calls us in for the curry. "Is that Izuku?" She hollers across the front yard and we nod. "Izuku, you're welcome to join us! We have curry!" He smiles and turns toward Katsuki. Katskui glares at him, but I nod. "Come on, let's go eat." "Tch," Bakugou says, grunting. I punch his arm and he growls.

"The last one in the house is the loser!" I say sprinting to the door, Katsuki, and Zuku not far behind. Kat and I ended up tying, but our egos were too big to admit that. "I obviously won," I say grinning. He laughs. "Did not! I did! Who do you think won Deku?" We both turn to Zuku, and he gulps.

"U-uh, you Kacchan!" He says, gulping in fear of Katsuki's firecracker hands. "That's what I thought!" I cross my arms. "Hmph!" I grunt and walked into the house, taking my shoes off, and sit by Mitsuki.

We all sit down and give thanks for our meal, then we dig in. "This is a really good curry, Mrs. Bakugou! Thank you!" She smiles and laughs. "Thank you!"

Shortly, after Izuku leaves, the doorbell rings. Katsuki and I were sitting on the couch, watching All Might on television as Mrs. Bakugou went and answered the door. "Y/n, your dad is here!" I gulp and look at Bakugou, upset. We both stand up and he embraces me into a hug. I tightly hold him, knowing what's going to happen after I leave the household. "I don't want to leave, Kat. I'm scared." I say holding him tighter. He looks at me with a sad expression but then smiles. "You'll be okay. I promise. You're always able to come over here when you want, Y/n." I smile back at him, and let go.

"Race you to the door!" He says darting. "Hey that's not fair, you got a head start!" I say running after him. I make it to the door after he does since he got the boost. "I win!" He says evilly laughing. "I let you win," I state, sticking my tongue out at him. He does the same and rolls his eyes. "Whatever. Bye Water Girl!" I giggle. "Bye, Boom Boom Boy! Bye Mrs. Bakugou! Thanks for the curry!"

My dad shuts the door behind me, not having said a word to Mitsuki, or Katsu. I look back at the home and see Katsuki staring out of the window. I see him frown and wave, and I do the same.

"Get in the car." He bluntly states, hopping into the driver's seat. I silently nod, and get in the backseat of the vehicle, keeping my head down. "How'd that happen?" He asks at a red light, most likely talking about my leg. "I fell." I quietly stated. "Huh? Speak up, I didn't raise a coward." I tremble by his words. "I fell," I stated a little louder.

"Idiot! How clumsy do you have to be? Just watch where you're walking! And put your head up when I'm speaking to you. God, you're such a disappointment." I bow my head down lower and tears shrivel down my cheeks.

The car ride home was long, dark, and frightening. I sat in the backseat, playing with an All Might figurine.

"Out." My dad grunted at me, slamming the car door. I shivered in fear and got out quickly, shutting the door behind me.

Why was daddy so scary to me?

I quietly walked into the house and headed straight for my room. The yelling and screams of my parents were getting louder as I heard them coming closer to my room. I quickly hop into my bed, desperately trying to avoid any contact of the screeching from my mother.

The door slams open, but the silence was loud. "Are you sleeping?" My mom asks, moving closer to my face to see. I laid in silence and heard her footsteps as she walked away, and shut my door quietly. I roll over silently and shut my eyes.

Little did I know that this was the last time I'd ever see Katsuki Bakugou ever again. Or so I thought.

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────