thirteen

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

(hi guys, it's author-chan! i just wanted to let you know that this chapter has actions of physical abuse and a panic attack. so if you aren't comfortable reading either, or one of the topics is triggering for you, i recommend you skip past this chapter. i'll put bold stars when the actions actually happen, but it will be spoken about throughout the whole chapter. also, when you read about the panic attack it's what i experience when i have them, and everyone may not have the same experience, so bear with me! i love you all and i want to make sure that this is a safe space for everyone. happy reading! <3 -bria)

Y/n's POV:

I woke up groggy. I yawn and wipe my eyes. Recovery Girl's treatment really does make you tired. I roll out of bed slowly and make my way to my closet, putting on the UA uniform. I quickly rush into the bathroom to finish getting ready. I brush the knots out of my hair, put on deodorant, and the rest of what I needed to do. I head downstairs and make my way into the kitchen, where my mom and aunt sat on the barstools.

"Morning," I grumbled under my breath, pulling a breakfast bar out from the pantry. "Morning, dear," Auntie says. My mom rolled her eyes and continued to scroll through her phone. "Morning, Mom." She scoffs.

*****

"Do you have to say it with all that attitude? It's too early for that, you brat. Show some respect to me." She says, getting up and standing in front of me. I look up at her and make eye contact. She grimaces and grabs my wrist. My aunt sits in silence, going about her business. Like this was normal.

I drop the bar in my hand and try yanking my wrist away, but she won't let go. "Show me respect. Stop being a brat." She grits through her teeth. Her hand meets the side of my face and leaves a mark. I try yanking away once more. "Let go. I have to go." She grabs my wrist tighter, and with her other hand punches me in my side. "I heard that a boy came in the house last night. You really are a little slut, aren't you? I didn't raise a fucking whore."

"Arrgh! LET ME GO!" I finally push her off of me and back away. My side aches in pain and I quickly dash up the stairs for my bag and run out of the house, not even bothering to grab my meal.

*****

I walk quickly to get to the station. I want to get as far from there as possible. "Oi, Shrimpy," a familiar voice called from behind.

I whipped my head around and put on a fake smile. "Hey, Katsuki," I say, waving. He groans. "Alright, the fuck's up with you?" I raise an eyebrow. He can read me like a book. "Uh... Nothing? Why?" He rolls his eyes. "Tch. You're a shitty liar, you know that? You always say hi with a nickname or some shit back." I laugh. "I don't know what you're talking about." I wince from my side but try and hide it with a smile.

"Show me." I squint at him, confused. "What?"

"Don't act stupid, Y/n. Show me what they did to you." He says with a soft tone.

And then it hit me like a knife. I hold back my tears, I wasn't going to cry right now.

What am I, a child? Suck it up.

"It's nothing, Katsuki. Just leave it." He grabs my wrist and forces me to look at him. I snatch it back quickly and hold it. He grabbed the wrist Mom had bruised.

"Obviously it isn't nothing. Roll up your sleeve, let me see. I'm not asking. I'm telling." I wasn't in the mood to fight back. I still had a headache from yesterday my ears slightly ringing, and with the fiasco this morning, I was not in a great mood. I slowly roll my sleeve up to show the dark purple bruise circling my wrist.