seven

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

Y/n's POV:

"All right, everyone's finished. Time to give you guys the results. I've ranked you all from best to worst. You should probably have a good idea of your standing already. I'll just pull up the whole list. It's not worth going over each individual's score." He pulls up the list.

I look down the list to see Izuku at the bottom. It was obvious he'd be at the bottom with his power hurting him after using it, and the fact he barely used it, but it was obvious no one was getting sent home. It was just the purpose for our adrenaline under certain pressure.

"And I was lying, no one's going home. That was just a rational deception to make sure you gave it your all in the tests." The class lets out a big sigh of relief and we head back to the classroom.

A few classes passed after Aizawa's had ended. Bakugou and I haven't said a word to each other since our little interaction earlier. We both sat in the classroom, opposite sides of the room, listening to Present Mic's attempt to make this English lecture more fun and learnable without having to fall asleep to it.

"Okay! Your assignment for today is to introduce yourself to each other. You guys are going to be spending lots of time together, so it's key you can work together and get along. ALLLRIIGHHHTTT! Get to it. Class dismissed, yo!"

I move my books into my bag to get up from my seat when I see a classmate stand in front of me. I look up to see a bright pink girl. "Hi! I'm Mina Ashido!" She said waving her hand. "Y/n L/n!" I said, waving at her. Another girl walked up to my seat, also introducing herself. "I'm Tsuyu Asui, but you can call me Tsu," Kero. She said with a smile.

I smile back at her, and soon all of the girls in our class surrounded us, all introducing each other and getting to know each other and our quirks. I eventually got to know all the girls' names: Kyoka and Ochacco which I already met, Mina, Momo, Tsu, and Toru.

After chatting with the girls for a while, a couple of the guys walk over. "Hello, ladies," a very small boy with purple hair said. We waved at him and smiled until we saw where he was staring.

"So many... hot girls." The short, grape-headed boy mumbled under his breath, trying to reach closer. "Hey, that's not very manly, dude!" Kirishima said, walking over. "I apologize for him, ladies." A blonde boy says with a black lightning streak in his hair. "No worries," I said with a smile.

"I'm Denki Kaminari! What's your name, gorgeous?" I almost snort. He is very flirty. "L/n," I say with a chuckle. He grins. "I hope that we can get along together well, L/n," I give him a nod, and I hear the bell ring. It was finally lunchtime.

"Hey, L/n, all the girls are going to sit together. Do you want to join us?" I remembered that I said I'd sit with Katsuki so we could catch up. "I'm sorry, I'll join you guys tomorrow... I have someone I have to talk to..." I say with a frown. Momo smiles at me. "No worries! If you change your mind, come and find us!"

I nod, sending a smile and walking away. I felt my stomach turn.

Why am I so nervous? Has he really changed that much? Would he act that way with me t-

"Oi," He says, standing right in front of me. "Oh, h-hey!" I say cheerfully. We stand in the line to get our food, but it was just filled with silence. Not awkward silence, just silence.

"Why'd you leave?" His monotone voice pitched, filling the silence. I gulp. "It's a long story..." He rolls his eyes. "So tell me. I don't ask things, just to ask."

"Alright, alright. No need to get grumpy with me," I say, patting his shoulder. "Tch,"

We both sit down at a table.

Bakugou's POV:

"I guess I'll start with that night..." That night. That was the last night I saw her before she disappeared. "After I got in the car, my dad was his usual self. I remember being scared of him. I mean I don't blame myself, I still am afraid of him, heh." She said.

I never liked her dad. He was rude, loud, disgusting. But worst of all, he hurt her. I never understood why that douchebag did what he did, if I knew any better when I was younger, I'd kill the damn bastard. She continued talking.

"When I got home my parents got into this big argument. I didn't bother listening to what they had to say, I just felt the pain later. And by the pain, I mean erm... you know." I clenched my fist. Of course, I knew what she was talking about. They took it out on her. "The next day, we found out my grandmother died. To keep my aunt company, my mom wanted to move out to Kyushu, Japan, which isn't too far from here, really... But she never let me say bye. Not to you, not to Izuku... No one." She looked down.

She sniffled. "It only got worse from there. My mom got a job at Uncle Kei's agency and as soon as she did, my dad started um..." She faded off into silence. She was quietly sobbing now, looking down. "Does he still...do it?" She looks up at me, wiping her face. I could see the pain in her eyes as she turns away. "I can't answer that."

What is she thinking, of course, she can answer it! "Look, just because I've been out of your life for a while doesn't mean things have changed, alright? You can talk to me about anything you know, dumbass." She looked back towards me. Her eyes were glistening with water as the droplets fell down her face again. She nods.

"Not right now... I'm sorry." I'm not really good with the whole comfort thing anymore, but I did what I used to do when we were kids. I wrapped my arms around her tightly. I could feel her flinch from the contact at first, but she melted into it, wrapping her arms around my back. "It's fine. I'm here, you idiot." She laughs a bit.

"Now quit crying, Clumsy, and eat your damn food." I break the hug and continue to eat my spicy noodles. "You're still going to call me that? Hmph." She says, rolling her eyes and shoving a piece of sushi in her mouth.

"So does that mean I still get to call you Blondie, the-"

"No," I grunted. She sighs. "Fine. I'll call you Hothead. Or Boom Boom Boy." She shrugs. "Okay, Water girl." She snorts and throws me a cheeky smile.

Then the moment was ruined. "Hey, Y/n-chan! Hey, K-kacchan..." I roll my eyes and look away. "Tch," I mumbled. " Y/n sighs. "Oh come on, don't tell me you two haven't been getting along since I left."

"Then I won't tell you." I scoffed. She rolled her eyes. "Can't you two get along? What's the big deal?" I scoffed again. "I'm not talking about this. It's all that damn quirkless nerd." All of a sudden she grabs my ear. "WHAT THE HELL?" I say, trying to get out of her grasp, but she just grips my ear tighter with her nails digging into my damn ear.

"Stop being like that! I may have not known what happened between you two, but you do not get to call him that. If you want to call him that, don't do it around me, got it, Katsuki?" I rolled my eyes. "Whatever." The bell rang to go to our next class.

"Now come on, I don't want to be late. I'll see you later, Zuku." He nods, and she grabs my arm pulling me to class like I'm on a damn leash or something. "Damn, do you have to pull me so hard?"

She giggles. "Get used to it! Y/n is back in town!" I roll my eyes.

Damn that girl.

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────