sixteen

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

Y/n's POV:

As soon as I know it, it's already been a few weeks since my school experience at UA started. I sit quietly at my desk, tapping my nails against the wood. We were waiting for Aizawa to arrive in the class. Mostly everyone talked about what we were going to do today, whether it was training or another lecture.

The door opens slightly, allowing Aizawa to slip in through, and he shuts it, walking over to the front of the classroom.

"Today's training is going to be a little bit different." So we are training today. "What will we be doing?" Koda asks. 

"You'll have three instructors. I, All Might, and another faculty member will be keeping tabs on you." Whispers from around the classroom roam in the silence after Mr. Aizawa stops speaking. "Is it because of the break in the other day?" 

"Sir, what kind of training exercise will this be?" Izuku asks. "Rescue," Aizawa states bluntly. He continues saying, "You'll be dealing with natural disasters, shipwrecks, and more stuff." The class continues to chatter.

"Disasters, huh? This will be totally manly!" Kirishima grins.

"Sounds like we're in for a big workout," Ojiro exclaims. "Totally! Real hero stuff!" Mina replies.

"I'm twinkling with excitement!"

"Finally, I'll get to show off how good I am in the water. Ribbit." Tsu says across the room, smiling. "Guys, I'm not finished yet," Aizawa states. The class goes silent again, waiting for the sleepy teacher to continue.

"What you wear in this exercise is up to you. I know you're excited about costumes..." He pauses.

"But, keep in mind that you haven't gotten used to them yet, and they might limit your abilities. This special training's at an off‐campus facility, so we'll be taking a bus to get there. That's all. Start getting ready. And someone wake me up when you're ready."

He slides into his yellow sleeping bag and disappears behind the desk. Everyone stands up and ushers towards where our costumes are stored. I also usher towards it, eager to wear my costume. I look around to see Izuku walking out of the room without his costume, but instead, his P.E. uniform. I wonder why he's not going to wear it.

I shrug and pull my costume out of its locker. I shut the door, locking it back up, and look to my side to see Shoto taking out his hero costume as well. He looks over at me as he shuts his locker door, and I smile. "Hello, Y/n." He says calmly. "Hey, Shoto!" I say, grinning. "What made you decide to wear your hero costume?" He asked.

"Well, I feel like I can probably move around in it more than I can with the P.E. uniform. It's also thinner, so that gives me better access to my attacks." He nods his head. "How about you, Sho? Why are you wearing yours?" 

"It gives me better access to my quirk abilities and can control me not getting too cold from it." I nod. But what about his fire?  I know when we were younger, he was always pressured to use it by Enji, but he never did. I wonder if he even uses it at all. But I won't ask him that. I feel like that seems a little too personal.

"Are you coming?" He asked. "Hm? Oh, yeah, sorry. Spaced out." He nods as I walk alongside him and Tokoyami out of the classroom until an arm yanks me away. "Ow- Oh, hey Mina. I thought you were Katsuki for a second. I was about to slap you." I say, sweat dropping and rubbing the back of my head. She laughs and wraps her arm around my shoulder.

"Sorry! Didn't mean to scare you. You were just going in the wrong direction of our locker room. And also, we never get to hang out! You're always with one of the guys. We're going to have girl time after school today! Sound fun?"