nine

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

Y/n's POV:

We climbed up the ladder and sat down. It didn't look dusty at all. There were more modern things of his laying around, but there were many old things too. Pictures, our old beanbags, and coloring books were just a few things. One thing that caught my eye was the lights he had put in. "You still come up here?" I ask, finally filling the silence.

He nodded. "I was waiting for your dumbass, so I figured I might as well make it look nice, I guess." I smiled at his response. "You just had a gut feeling I was coming back?" He rolled his eyes. "If that's how you want to put it, then sure, shitty girl. Now come on, I brought my switch up. We're going to play smash bros, and I'm totally going to kick your ass."

I snort. "You mean I'm going to kick yours?" He smirks. "HUH? IS THAT A CHALLENGE, SHITTY GIRL? I WILL BEAT YOU, YOU DUMBASS." I roll my eyes at his loud mouth but suddenly panic.

I drop, squatting down on the floor, covering my ears. The ringing only intensifies. Tears start streaming down my face, and I quickly feel a hand reach for my back, comforting me. "Shit shit shit... I'm sorry. Has it really gotten this bad?" I nod.

I always had trouble with my hearing. Not only that but I always end up flinching when it comes to loud noises... It started getting worse when my father pushed me to train with him.

We walked up to the traditional Japanese styled home and knocked on the door. Dad said today's training was going to be different because it was with someone my age. A very tall man opened the door and looked at my father, then down at me.

"Come in. My name is Enji. What is your name?" The man named Enji said. "Y/n..." I said quietly. The man looked really scary. We walked into the house, and I look around.

Behind a woman in the kitchen was a small boy around my height. He had split red and white hair and dark gray and turquoise heterochromia eyes. He held the woman's leg. I look up as my father grabs my arm, tightly "Don't stare now, Y/n, go make yourself welcome to Shoto. You'll have a great future together."

What did he mean by that? I shook my head out of my thoughts and walked over to the woman and the boy. "Hello! You must be Y/n, right?" The woman says, smiling. I nod my head. I didn't feel a scary energy around her, unlike Enji. "This is my son, Shoto. Shoto, say hi!"

The boy looks at me. He looks me directly in the eyes with no emotion. He looks...sad. By his expression, I can tell he's thinking the same of me. "I-I'm Shoto..." He says quietly. "I'm Y/n. Do you want to play something?" He raises an eyebrow.

"P-play?"

I nod. "Yeah! I don't get to do it a lot, my dad always forces me to train but we can play tag!" He turns his head sideways in confusion.

"What's tag?" I grab his hand and bring him to his backyard. "Come on, I'll show you!" On the way out, we ran into what I think were his siblings.

"Hi, I'm Natsuo! This is Fuyumi!" I smiled.

The girl had white hair with red streaks, and the boy had plain white hair. The girl looked around 12, and the boy looked a couple of years older than me.

"I'm teaching Shoto how to play tag... Do you guys want to play?" They grin and nod, and we all head outside. "So... What is tag?" Shoto asks.

"Well, my friend, Katsuki taught me how to play! He says that whoever is 'it' they have to chase everyone else around and tap them until everyone is out! The people who aren't it has to run away."