two

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

Y/n's POV:

We stood in front of a giant gate as if we were standing in front of a whole other place off of UA. "Where are we? It's huge!" Someone said from behind me. "These are the battling centers. There are three different faux villains inside, all based on points. Your goal is to get as many points as you can while using your quirks. Easy enough?" Present Mic stated. I look around and again find my eyes upon the red-eyed boy. He sees me staring and scoffs. I look away and focus my attention on the other people here. These aren't ordinary people...

I come across a dark purpled-hair girl, twiddling her fingers. She seemed really nervous I felt bad for her.

I decide to walk over to her and talk to her. "Hi!" I say, waving. Her face turns a shade of pink, and she looks away for a quick second and starts muttering under her breath very fast.

"Uhhh h-hi I-" she says, stuttering on her words. "Sorry, you just seemed really nervous, so I thought if I came over here and said something, you'd be okay." She looks at me and smiles. "T-thanks! Yeah, I'm pretty n-nervous..." She scratches the back of her head, avoiding eye contact with me. "I'm Y/n L/n, and I hope we can both pass and get to know each other!" She smiles. "Kyoka Jirou."

I flash a smile at her, and we continue to have a small conversation until Mic yelled among us. "START!" We look at each other and run to catch up with the others. "Good luck, Jirou!" She smiles. "You too, L/n!"

We both rush in, going our separate ways. I stood in front of a huge robot. It was one of the 2 point robots. Come on, Y/n. Make Mom and Dad proud. Don't disappoint them. I bring up some of the water in the ground and make a whip out of it, breaking the robot.

It was finally reaching the end of the exam. I'd collected several villain points, stacking up on them. Suddenly, I hear a loud bang that made my ears ring. I look up to see a bright light flash in the sky. It was a small boy, and he had punched the zero-point robot. I quietly gasped as he started to fall from the sky. As any hero would do, I rushed over so he wouldn't get hurt.

I look a little closer to see his arm shattered and broken. Oh my gosh, that looks so painful...

He was falling pretty fast, and the closest one nearby was injured by the looks of it, so I hurried as fast as I could over to him to catch him with my water lasso. I make it just in time, catching him and dropping him on the ground carefully.

"Are you okay?" I ask, helping him up. He nods as a thank you but is muttering something softly under his breath.

"If I could just get one point..." He said. I frown, and Present Mic's loud voice echoed through the battlegrounds.

"Time's up!"

The boy falls to the floor and puts his face in his hands. He passed out and laid on the ground. I stand to the side, listening to the whisperings around us.

"Who is that guy?"

"He got hurt that bad with his quirk?"

"That girl's quirk was so cool!"

"Yeah, I saw her catch him." Amongst other things being said.

A hero walks up to him, and she looks familiar. Recovery Girl!

"You got injured with your quirk?" She asks him. With him being out like a light, he didn't respond, but she sighed. She bent over and kissed him, and his arm healed quickly. I smiled.

I'm happy that the boy wasn't hurt to an extreme... well, besides his arm. I start to walk out and turn around one last time before I head out. I look to my right to see the red-eyed blondie staring at me in disbelief. What was his problem? He was the one that was an ass earlier. I scoff and turn around, heading towards the exit, towards home.

Bakugou's POV:

I look around at the number of damn extras I'm surrounded by. Tch, I thought. I look beside me to see the girl who doesn't know how to keep her eyes to herself, yet again, staring at me. She also doesn't know how to keep her smart-ass remarks to herself. I turn away from her since she broke contact first. Who did she think she was, talking back at me? I've never seen anyone try and talkback with me before. No one except...

"START!" I snap out of my train of thought and rush into Ground Beta, destroying anything I see in my line of sight. I smirk, knocking down anything and anyone in my way of becoming the absolute best.

I blast my explosions one after another, blasting the shit out of the robots in my damn way from being at the top.

As soon as I know it, the exam was over. I definitely blew everyone away with the absolute greatness of my quirk. I smirk and look around me and furrow my eyebrows. Why was everyone surrounding this damn little area? I stomped over to see the spotlight on that fucking damn nerd. Why? I looked closer to see him unconscious on the ground with a broken arm.

"Who is that guy?"

"He got hurt that bad with his quirk?"

"That girl's quirk was so cool!"

"Yeah, I saw her catch him."

What girl? I look up to see her. What the hell?

And what the fuck were they talking about? Deku didn't have a damn quirk. Or did he? Was he lying to me this entire time? Our whole childhood? This was his way of getting back at me, wasn't it? I scoffed. I don't believe it. I am better than him, I always have, and I always will be.

I snap back into reality. I was still staring at her. She scoffed and walked away. What the fuck was that? I roll my eyes, taking them off of the scene happening with Deku, and walk home.

I walk in the door. "KATSUKI! HOW WAS YOUR EXAM?" I scoff at the woman who was sitting on the couch, kicking off my shoes. "Tch," I mumbled. She ran up to me. "SPEAK UP!" She said, slapping my neck. "DAMMIT, YOU OLD HAG, IT WAS FINE!" She smiled. "Glad to hear. Make any friends?" I scoffed. I didn't have time to make any friends. Not only because I didn't need any, but because there just wasn't enough time to.

"No," I said. She sighed and sat back down on the couch. "I did keep running into this one girl though and-" "A GIRL, KATSUKI!? MASARU, GET IN HERE RIGHT NOW. KATSUKI MET A GIRL!"

"LISTEN TO ME, YOU HAG! I was going to say she couldn't watch where she was going, so we bumped into each other in front of her house. Her mom sounded familiar for some reason... Tch, why am I even talking to you about this shit? It isn't important." I said, mumbling. I silently walked away towards my room but stopped as soon as my mom spoke. "Maybe it was her."

My eyes widened. I turned around to the hag, who was smiling. I scoff. "No way. She's long gone. Even if it was her, she probably wouldn't remember me." I said, looking down to avoid eye contact. I didn't truly want to believe she was gone. It's been so long maybe I should just give up. I miss her.

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────