eight

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────

Y/n's POV:

It was finally the end of the first day of school. I sigh as I slump my bag over my shoulder, walking out of the classroom.

"Hey, wait up!" A female voice called. I turned around. "Jirou!" I grinned. Ever since this morning, we've been chatting a lot.

"O-oh, you don't have to call me by my last name... Kyoka is fine." I grinned. "Alright! You can call me Y/n, then." She grinned and nodded. "So, which way are you headed?" We walk out of the school building. "I'm heading this way towards the train. How about you?" She frowns. "Darn; Looks like we're splitting here then. I'll see you later?" I sigh. "Alright then. How about we trade numbers so we can facetime? Be warned: I send amazing memes at three in the morning." I say, giggling.

She nods. We swap phones and put each other's contacts in. "See ya, Y/n!" I wave goodbye and turn, walking in the opposite direction.

I put in my earbuds and put Arabella by Arctic Monkeys on blast. I softly hum the lyrics to myself as I walk towards the train.

"My days end best when this sunset gets itself; Behind that little lady sitting on the passenger side; It's much less picturesque without her catching the light; The horizon tries but it's just not as kind on the eyes-"

"Hey, pretty lady," Someone says from behind me. I ignore them, thinking they're talking to someone else until I feel a hand on my shoulder. I shiver from the contact. "I said, hey, pretty lady. What's your name, darling?" The man asks. I look up towards him. He had brown hair and black eyes. His clothes were all wrinkly, and he had eye bags. His words were slurred. He was probably drunk. I try and shake his hand off of my shoulder, but he doesn't budge.

"Come on, pretty lady, why don't you come home with me?" He says, smirking. "No thanks." I scoff, hoping he can't sense my fear. He grabs me and drags me over to a car. "Let go of me!" I say, trying to get out of his grasp.

"OI, DICKHEAD! GET YOUR SLIMY ASS HANDS OFF OF HER." I heard a familiar voice say. I turn my head around to see Katsuki running towards me. "What? Is that your little boyfriend?" The man says, turning to look at Katsuki.

As soon as he turns his head, getting caught off guard, I knee him where it hurts. "OW, SHIT! YOU DAMN BRAT." I get out of his grasp and run away towards Katsuki to gain distance.

"Stay here, got it?" Suki says. I nod as he walks up to the drunk. "What makes you think you can put your dirty ass hands over her, HUH?" Katsuki yells as he throws a right hook at the man's face.

"DON'T EVER COME NEAR HER AGAIN, GOT IT? Or I swear, the next time you do, you'll get worse than a beating. I'll kill you." He says with the coldest look in his eyes. He drops the man's shirt and walks over to me.

"You alright, idiot?" I quiver my lip, processing what just happened. "Here come on, let's get you home." I stare up at him. I don't want to go back to that shit hole. Not right now.

He looks down at me and sighs. "Do you want to hang out at my place for a bit?" Is he a mind reader or something?

I nod my head, yes, and we begin to walk towards the train station once more.

─────── time skip ───────

We finally get off the train and walk a couple more blocks to his house. We're now standing in front of the door. I gulp. It's been 10 years since I've been here... I wonder what's changed? Is Mitsuki and Masaru here? Do they even remember me?

"Oi, are you coming in?" I look up at him. "Oh... Yeah, I'm coming." I take a deep breath and walk through the door, Katsuki shutting it behind me. "OI, I'M HOME, YOU HAGS."

I dropped my jaw. He talks to them like that? Not on my watch.

I slap the back of his head. "OW, YOU SHITTY GIRL!" He says, rubbing his head. "WHAT THE HELL?" I roll my eyes.

"HOW DARE YOU TALK TO MITSUKI AND MASARU LIKE THAT. FEEL ASHAMED." I say, wagging my finger. He scoffs.

"KATSUKI, IS THERE A GIRL DOWN THERE? WHO DID YOU KIDNAP, YOU BRAT?" I hear a familiar female voice say. Mitsuki! She comes running down the stairs and stops in her tracks.

"Y/n? Is that you, dear?" I nod and grin as she opens up her arms. "Oh honey, we missed you so much!" She says and bombards me with questions.

"When did you leave? Why?"

"When did you get back?"

"How did you manage to be kidnapped by my brat of a son?"

I snort. "Well, he actually saved me... Just like old times, I guess," I let out a small chuckle. She smiles. "I'm really glad you're back Y/n! Tell me everything!"

And so I did. I told her everything from why I left to how I got close with the number three hero, Hawks, and how I came back. I also opened up to her how every now and then, my ears start ringing. I then told her what happened just about thirty minutes ago.

God, I missed this woman.

"Well I'm glad you're okay now and that Katsuki was there to protect you. He always was there, wasn't he?" I nod and laugh. "It seems so... Are you sure he doesn't have a mind-reading quirk?" Mitsuki snorts. "I wouldn't be surprised if he did. I swear, that boy just knows what's on my mind sometimes."

After my conversation with Mitsuki, she said she was going to start prepping for dinner. "Would you like to stay for dinner, dear? I can have the brat walk you home when we finish. I'll make your favorite!" I grin. "That would be great, Mitsuki, thank you! I'm off upstairs to find your shitty son now, see ya!" And with that, I dart up the stairs.

I burst open the blonde's door, running towards his bed, and plop my body down. "Oi, what the hell, shitty girl?" I look up. Katsuki was sitting at his desk, playing on his computer. "Katsu, I'm boreeeedd." He scoffs. "So find something to do."

I grinned. I pulled the pillows off of the bed, and aimed while he wasn't looking, and threw it at his face. "WHAT THE FUCK, SHITTY GIRL? YOU TRYING TO MESS WITH ME?" I giggle. "PILLOW FIGHT!" I scream.

And with that, he, of course, took the challenge. He hopped up from his desk chair and charged towards me. I quickly stood up, trying to run to the other side of the room. "YOU CAN RUN ALL YOU WANT, BUT I'LL GET YOU! CLUMSY GIRL!"

I continue running in circles, in hopes he won't catch me.

And with that, I was dying of laughter. He finally caught up to me and swung his pillow. I block it with mine, but his swing had more strength. The pillow flew out of my hand, and I stumbled backward.

He caught me before my body could hit the floor. One hand rested behind my head in case he dropped me and the other behind my back. My face flushed red.

He looked away and I stood up. "Sorry... heh." He walks back over to his desk and shuts the game down. "Whatever, tch. I want to show you something." I perk up. "Huh?" He pulls my arm. "Come on, shitty girl, I don't have all day." And with that, he dragged me down the stairs into his backyard. I looked up in amazement. It was still there... The treehouse.

─────── ⋆✩⋆ ───────