Chapter 1 - 6 Brothers?

Alina's POV

I limped through the cold streets of Southampton. It wasn't really late but the place where I stayed was kind of distant from the buzz. Approximately 30 minutes by a vehicle.

I was exhausted because of today's events. I somehow managed to drag myself towards my house. To my utter surprise I saw a police car outside my house which made me speed walk to my house. A policeman saw me and approached me.

"Are you Miss Avery Smith?" He asked politely.

"Yes that's me." I answered.

"Great. We were waiting for you." I looked at him in confusion and he continued. "Your mother Miss Rachel Smith is charged with trade of illegal drugs and swindling of about half a million pounds and has fled away. We are trying to get a hold of her and when we do she'll mostly end up in prison." He explained.

My eyes were wide open in shock and happiness. 

What the actual fuck!!!!!

"Seems like you had no idea." He chuckled. I wanted to hit him for this. "Since you are a minor and your mother is now missing we ran a check through our systems and we found your biological family. They are ready to take you in and your two brothers are waiting for you inside the house."

What the hell is going on with my life. Brothers?

"Let's go. We need to ask you a few questions."

"You must be mistaken sir. I don't have a family except my mother." I say with furrowed brows, confusion lacing my voice.

"No dear. They are your family. Clear it out with them." He said with a smile.

We both went inside the house. When I entered the living room I see two boys in suit sitting on the old couch. Tall and handsome.

These are my brothers?

Seriously? I do notice that one of them has the same black eyes like mine. They were staring at me and I was staring at them. The black eyes guy smiled softly while the other one with brown eyes smile really wide. Do they really love me?

The police officer and I take seats across my so called brothers.
"So Avery, tell me, your mother is an alcoholic , right?

"Yes she is."

"Is she abusive?" He asked carefully.

"No." I said. She did hit me a few times but not most of the times.

"You can tell us the truth Avery. If something has happened then you can share." He gave me a sympathetic smile.

"No I'm not lying." I reassured him.

"Okay as you say. Did she provide you with adequate facilities?"

"Ummm sometimes?" My voice came out more like a question.

"What do you mean? Please elaborate." He said in a serious tone.

"She never gave adequate money so I earned through part time jobs." I explained.

"Since when did you start earning and what job did you do?"

"Almost 6 years ago." I avoided the part time job question

He continued asking me more questions and I lied whenever necessary. After his interrogation he turned to my 'brothers'.

"Avery these are your brothers. Mr. Walker, here" he pointed to the guy with black eyes just like mine, " is your legal guardian now. You will be staying with them, in their care." The policeman smiled at us while I just stare at them.