Chapter 31 - Dad

Alina's POV

I woke up in a an unknown place. It was so bright everywhere, thats all that I noticed when I looked around.

There was no human being here. There was nothing but just brightness.

"Alina?" An unknown voice made me turn around.

It was a man I didn't recognize.

"I see you don't recognize me." He chuckled. "I'm your father sweetheart." He said lovingly.

"Father?"

"Yes sweetheart. You've grown so much and you are so beautiful." He takes a step forward. "Can I hug you?"

He hugs me when I nod. Nothing can compare a father's hug. He escorts me to sit.

"I watch over everything you know? I saw everything and I really wish I was still a part of my children's life." He frowns.

"I'm sorry dad. You aren't there because of me." A sob escapes my mouth.

"No sweetheart it wasn't your fault at all. Never blame yourself for this. It's all Rachel's fault. When you wake up you'll see what kind of hell she is getting from your brothers and Vincent's family." He said while wiping my tears.

"I honestly can't believe you didn't visit me even once since you came back home and none of your dumbass brothers told you anything." He complains.

I chuckle. "I'm sorry dad. From now on I will."

"You better sweetheart and Vincent is one of the best things that has happened to you. Trust me on this." He pats my head and I smile at his words.

"I trust you."

"Promise me to live your life with no regrets. You have a beautiful life ahead sweetheart. Be happy and spread happiness. Remember whatever happened to me wasn't your fault sweetheart, that was what God has decided. Keep me alive in your memories and I promise I'll be there whenever you need me, I'll be there in some or the other way. I have always been there and I always will be there. I love you so much sweetheart." He says and places a kiss on my forehead.

"I love you too Dad and I promise. I'll always do everything you asked me to do. I can't wait for us to be together once again." I sob in his chest.

"That day is far my child but till then live your life to the fullest. When we meet again I'll take you out for a father-daughter day." I felt his chest rumble when he laughed.

"I hope you are my father in the next life and we get to do everything we couldn't do in this life." I mumble.

"I do too."

We stayed like that for a few more moments.

"It's time to go sweetheart. Give all my love to your brothers also. I love you all, specially you sweetheart. I'm always watching over you all."

That's the last thing I heard before everything went dark.

2 days later

The first thing I felt was pain and then I heard the constant beeping. I slowly opened my eyes but instantly closed them upon seeing the brightness. My vision went dark again.

After a few more seconds I opened my slowly. I could hear voices in the background but I wasn't able to comprehend what they said. The lights got dimmer which made it easier for me to open my eyes.

When my vision got a bit more clear after blinking a few more times I recognized Andrew was in front of me. He looked worried and his mouth was moving.