Chapter 13 - Let's work together

Alina's POV

Later in the evening after dinner everyone went their own way. I sat with my laptop in the living room and called Josh.

"Hey Josh can you tell me when it took place and the table number?" I ask him.

He paused for a few seconds before answering me.

I log in to the security system of the club and search for that days recording.

"What are you doing baby?" Someone, who I recognized was Mason, asked me while standing behind me.

"Working." I reply nonchalantly.

"Can we help?" Felix asks sweetly.

"If you wish to."

They all quietly sit around me. "Just keep an eye around this table. A waitress was supposedly assaulted." I explain.

"Uhhu I'll keep both my eyes though." Allen tried joking but all we did was give him weird looks.

After watching the footage for 20 minutes I was convinced that it was tampered. The part where the incident took place was deleted and older parts were added instead. I paused the video and leaned back into the couch.

"It's tampered guys." I close my eyes and think. I get up and leaned forward. "Lets get it back."

I put in all my technical skills, that I learnt from James and his father, to retrieve it. James and Jacob's dad is the head of technical and IT department of British Mafia.

A few minutes later I got hold of the footage.

"That was amazing." I heard Mason's surprised voice.

I supressed my chuckle and thanked him sweetly.

We see the footage and indeed an employee, Emily, was assaulted. I fetch my phone and call Hans.

"Hope I'm not disturbing you Hans." I say as he picks up.

"Not at all kiddo. Tell me what's the matter."

"Few days ago a waitress named Emily Jose was fired from Serene without my knowledge. I'm rehiring her. Also I'm sending an email to the manger about this but I would appreciate it if you could inform her in person as well."

"Yes it will done tomorrow."

"One more thing. Tell the manager that she is in no position to hire or fire anyone." I tell him sternly. "Warn everyone. I will visit anytime."

"I will but when does this 'anytime' come?" He asks.

"I don't know. I'll inform you though."

"Okay lady boss. Everything will be done." He says playfully.

"Not you as well and again. Anyways I need to go. Say hi to Elena."

"Okay goodnight kiddo." He says in fatherly tone.

"Goodnight."

I disconnected the call with a smile.

"Who is this Hans?" Allen asks coldly. I could practically feel the jealousy.

I sigh. "Chill guys he ain't my boyfriend. He's an old man with a beautiful wife." They all visibly relaxed.

Then I fetched Emily's cell number and called her.

E- Hello

A- Emily Jose?

E- Yes. Who's this?

A- This is Avery from Serene. I've called to inform you that you've been rehired. I'm apologize for whatever happened that night and I couldn't come to your aid earlier. I'll make sure the manager pays for what happened.