Chapter Two: Envy

I am very happy for my Mom and Dad. They survived 25 years full of happiness and sadness marriage. Isaiah's plan went perfect, I helped him surprised them with bunch of flowers, chocolates, sweet music and back-up dancers. Whenever I think of them and see how happy Isaiah's family are, I remembered my parents. My parents are very opposite to Isaiah's parents. They are very happy, I've never seen them fight and quarrel, they are very sweet with one another

Somehow there's a voice inside me telling me that I miss them so much. Sometimes I even think of leaving again, I don't belong to Isaiah's family, I am just an outcast, a worthless intruder, not their true family, a nobody but when I look at Isaiah, I pity him if I'll leave, he sticks to me like a brother, he treats me as if we are connected by blood and even if there are times that he misunderstood me, he is so understanding and a loving brother to me. I know if I'll leave one day, he will be disappointed with me. We have a lot of differences but stay so close with each other.

On the other hand, talking about school, I'm glad I excelled in my subjects, Mom and Dad were very proud of me and Isaiah, but the truth is I am not really satisfied with my performance. Everything I do is useless, I have no parent's anymore. Who will appreciate me? I envy Isaiah, not because he is smarter or handsome than me but because for me he has a perfect life, perfect parents, it feels like problems or troubles don't exist in his vocabulary. While me? yeah I am LOLing outside, people may see how amazing I am bashing someone whom I know doesn't exist but the truth is I am not happy. I am worthless.

I want to be great and I want to be famous in school just like him (Isaiah) and their so called "God". I want to make issues for me to be known and here I am making noise in my social media accounts just to drag somebody's belief, but I am enjoying the show anyway, no one can stop me. Some says I look like an angel outside, I am a deceiver they're right but on the inside I am a lion, I am happy devouring someone and a lot tells me "God will punish you for mocking him so hard." Well guess what I don't care.

"Hello Phaul!"

A loud call from Kate my classmate hailed my name while I'm seriously writing an essay about Poverty in our cafeteria. She's a hardcore Christian too, I bet she had a place in their so called heaven, I'd never seen her gloomy, she always smile that's why a ot of people like her. She's the most respected girl in our school, she's smarter than Isaiah, witty, talented girl. I bet she's going to be the class Valedictorian. I smiled at her and she smiled back at me, she walks slowly to the table where I'm at, she then sit in front of me.

"Hello Kate, what are you doing here? are you going to debate on me again? sorry but I won't buy your God blah blah stories" I replied rudely. I am a straight to the point guy that's why I uttered those words.

"Well I'm not here for that, I just want to give this to you..." she handed me a letter. Then she continued talking "Our School principal told me to give that to you, it's not coming from her, it's from, uhm, maybe your admirer, fan, or whatsoever and don't worry, I never read it, I think it's private and it was adressed to you."

A letter? From who?

I looked at her, I am puzzled, who will send a letter to me? maybe an admirer sent it.

"Uhm, So I guess I'm leaving Phaul, Ive read your post on twitter, favorited it and retweeted it, I know it's not you who posted it, but I know someday, you will have a change of heart, bye Phaul" and she bid goodbye.

Change of heart? Kate must have been kidding me.

I just stared at the letter she gave me. It was not the usual letter type. It looked so special. I scanned it, but never opened it yet. It was really addressed to me, but who could it be? who would send me a letter? I've never received one before. Maybe I just throw it away or maybe I'll read it if I have some time. I just read the letter when I'm home.

After finishing my essay, I decided to go to our classroom. Everybody stares at me again like I am some kind of a movie star, some girls started to blush when I came in. A lot of boys hated me, because I am more handsome than them haha! just kidding.

I heard other's whispering with one another:

"Maybe he just used the name of God in his tweet to grab our attention, well how poor he is, trying hard to be like Isaiah, he will never beat Isaiah."

"Attention seeker"

"Here's the devil again"

"Beauty outside beast inside"

Guess what I am trending because of Isaiah's post.

Then one of my guy classmate approached me:

"Cool tweet huh" he exclaimed and I simply smiled at him and to others. Say what they wanted to say, I really don't care. So what if I am an attention seeker? so what if I am a devil? so what? Label me if they wanted to label me, I don't live by their opinions.

A few minutes later, Isaiah entered our classroom but this time he impacted more a lot than my grand entrance. More and more girls get hoity-toity with him. I feel so disgusted, why can't I be him? why can't I be like him? but I guess I will never be like him. He's a little way cuter, hotter, smarter, he is all in one, no wonder a lot of girls and even gays are crazy on him.

I decided then to stand in front of the classroom to have my speech.

"Hi guys..." I utter.

Then the class went silent and get back to their respective seats. Isaiah smiled at me while I'm standing in front and a classmate yelled at me "Are you going to be our professor today" then everybody laugh.

"No, I am not, I just want to tell everybody here that I will never ever post a tweet like that, other person did it okay.." I utter.

"Okay..." they responded to me soundly and I realize our teacher is standing right behind me.

"Are you done with your discussion Mr. Key?" she exclaimed.