Chapter Five: Library Not

"The heck! what is this again?" I exclaimed, Isaiah wondered and looked into my direction, "What is it bro? letter again? I have mine too. He showed me the letter he received and I thought it was all about the freaking letter from Child of God but I was wrong, I am glad it's not.

It's a letter about my scholarship. I maintained my grades last term and I am confident to be on the top ten. I bet Kate will be our top one but when I saw the list, I am surprised, Kate fall in the second spot and my friend Jezreel, top the class this term. No surprise, both are rivals in the valedictory spot. Isaiah is in the 5th place while I'm on the 7th, not bad indeed.

"Congrats to us!" Isaiah congratulated me and smiled.

"Mom and Dad will surely be proud of us when they get back." I said.

"Yeah..."

Some of the students are already in the covered court where our mass will be held. I have no plans in attending but when Isaiah told me that Kate will lead the opening salvo, my heart thud with joy. My crush will sing on stage.

"Are you going to the mass or not?" asked Isaiah.

"Ok I will go but for Kate not for your God..." and then we headed to the covered court for the Mass.

Minutes later, we heard the sound of the Piano, the speakers were loud. We saw Kate from a distance, she played an instrumental version of her favorite Christian Singer Francesca. She's not only beautiful but also talented, no wonder a lot of boys and girls and teachers and strangers get attracted to her.

Then, the MC of the mass told us to stand for the Prayer.

"Let us all stand for a moment and let us pray." she said.

After the Prayer, It's Kate's turn to sing but before singing she had a little speech first...

Kate Playing: Instrumental of Born in Me by Francesca Battistelli

"The moment JESUS CHRIST wrote His name on my Heart, my life has never been the same...." she exclaimed.

"JESUS CHRIST SAVED MY SOUL and CHANGED MY LIFE." she added and then deliver an inspirational message again.

"Rich"

"Poor"

"Gay"

"Straight"

"Tall"

"Short"

"White"

"Black"

"Religious"

"Non-Religious" (Kate pointing at me)

Everybody stared at me when Kate pointed at me, I am not religious okay, but I am not offended by her gestures though. It's just odd to see their reactions, I bet I am trending again later haha!

She smiled at the audience while pointing at people...

"so the point is JESUS CHRIST DIED FOR EVERYONE."

While Kate is uttering those words, there is a daoubt in my mind. How can they believe in a man whom they don't see? they can't talk? thay can't hang-out with?

"This year, our country suffered much but God never abandon us, we help each other and build one another in love." she added.

"Everything inside me cries for order"

Her voice is so sweet, so smoothing and relaxing.

"Everything inside me wants to hide"

Isaiah watched me staring at Kate "Haha, that moment when you can't take your eyes off her, stop fanboying her, she's not an idol." he said. I didn't mind Isaiah, Kate is so mesmerizing today, with that voice, she deserve a standing ovation after this performance.

"Is this shadow an angel or a warrior"

"Hey! youre so serious fanboy! learn to flash your eyelids too! haha!" Isaiah giggled beside me, while me, staring stunningfully at Kate. She's too beautiful, I really can't explain this emotion inside me. She's perfect.

After her performance, the mass then started and then ended.

At the backstage, I approach Kate for our agenda this day and that is to make our project, Isaiah on the other hand is busy in his Christian Organization, today we will not be having our class but students are reminded to attend the mass and donate somethings for the victims.

"Hi there..." I greeted her first, but much to my disaapointment again, intruders come along my way, asking me about the letter.

"JESUS FREAK send it, trust me." Ruth said.

"If I were you, I'll collect it." Zephaniah uttered.

"You throw it? shame on you, freak, bastard, ew!" a hater exclaimed.

Some of my schoolmates teased me about it, I suppose Kate is updated with social media so I know tha she knows what I tweeted.

"Uhm you know what, don't mind them, I saw your post , someone may have been stalking you, but let us change our topic, Hello Phaul, is my singing okay?" she asked and smiled at me.I simply smiled back, shes really cute. I thought she would question me about the letter, I'm happy she changed the topic for good.

"Yeah it's superb Katy, uhm Can we go now to the Lib just lik what you asked last night?" I asked.

"Can we do it later, just a few minutes, I just tell my orgmates about me leaving , is it okay?" she asked.

"Of course, no problem."