Chapter Sixteen: Me and Mom's Memory

Am I dead now? or am I struggling? here is me, I am lost of words. What am I going to do now? I thought I was alive but I am a spirit. Isaiah can't here me, I can't touch Him either, I am talking to myself, he said I was involved in a major motorcycle accident. I thought I am having a good time with the red girl, was it just a dream? is this reality? I can't imagine myself that time. I can't remember anything except me ordering a coffee of two in the cafeteria. What really happened to me? Phaul remember anything please...

I realize that life is indeed short, so live as if you're dying tomorrow. I tapped my head to remember what really happened to me. I am sitting in our sofa, tapping and tapping my head saying "remember anything, remember anything Phaul!"

There you go... memories are coming back to me, It was really me.. I was bumped by a motorcycle when I wanted to save the Red Girl from crossing the wrong lane. I was hit so hard in the head, blood is everywhere. My hands have scratches, bruises. Ambulance siren is weeping. People are encircling me, they wanted to rescue me. The blood on the ground is so gross. I lost a lot of amount of blood, will I ever survive?

Then suddenly the scene change... where Am I?

I am in a building with white paint, people with lab coats, I entered a room full of scalpels, with doctors and nurses, I saw a man lying on a hospital bed, then I saw myself. Struggling to live, struggling to breath. What will I be now? I'm dying, I saw Kate weeping outside the operating room. Her face looks so sad. I want to ease away her worries but I am so heartless to be mean to her when I was still alive.

Phone ringing....

Kate: Yes? Hello Isaiah?

Isaiah: I'm almost there now, how's Paul's condition?

Kate: Phauls operation is still ongoing, He lost a lot amount of blood, the Doctors said He need a blood Donor, He is type AB+ ,same as mine, I think I'm going to donate mine.

Isaiah: Are you sure? I'm sorry if I can't donate, I'm type B.

Kate: Yes, I am sure, I am willing to donate my blood just for Phaul.

Isaiah: I just want to apologize to you if Paul wasn't nice to you the other day, He really hates you and now you are playing the good Samaritan. I have no words to say, but thanks for being there with Phaul.

Kate: Well I am just applying what God told me, if anyone curses, hates you, don't pay them back with cursing or hate, instead pay them back with love. This world is full of cruelty already, I hope and pray that Phaul will realize how much I love him as a brother in Christ.

Isaiah: That's awesome to hear Kate, we will keep on praying for His safety, I know he can overcome it by the help of God. By the way I am in the Hospital now, what room are you.

Kate: Oh really, we are here on the third floor, Operating Room no. 316

Isaiah: Ok get it, keep safe.

Kate: You too Isaiah.

Isaiah: Bye

Kate: Bye

Then their calls ended. I am really speechless right now. I have mistreated Kate and she don't deserve all the bullying things I have done to her. I am really bad. So bad. She is willing to donate her blood for me even if I know she's sick, I mean physically.

"Hey!" , said Isaiah. He barge in where Kate was sitting.

"Finally you're here Isaiah." said Kate

"So how was He?" Isaiah is looking at me through the transparent mirror in the operating room.

"The Doctors said that the operation will last for 12 Hours, He had a major seizure on His knee, Her left leg was fractured, part of His skull was broken, and the Doctors were glad that His brain was not completely paralyzed. Only 1/4 of it was affected, let's pray that He can make it, I know Paul is strong." Kate explained while me staring at her in deep shock.