Chapter 20: Life Saver

What really happened to Kate after 10 years? I can't forget her heroic deed. She's my life saver. An angel sent by God.

Flashback 10 years ago.....

"He is running out of blood and we need a donor immediately, who among you here have an AB blood type?" asked the nurse attendant.

There was a silence for a moment. Then someone voluntered. "Me, I have an AB blood type and I am willing to donate" she exclaimed. Everyone in the waiting area looked at Kate including Isaiah.

"Are you sure Kate?" Keila asked.

"Yes, I am sure" she replied.

The nurse then directed Kate to the blood bank. "Are you certain that you want to do this?" asked the nurse.

"Yes, before I leave this earth, I want to do something for my friend. Phaul needs me now and I know after this, he will change his mind." Kate replied.

"Good" said the nurse.

Kate knew how Phaul had been so cruel to her but instead of holding a grudge against Phaul, she let all the bitterness go and let the love reside in her heart.

While they were in the blood bank. The nurse let Kate laid on the hospital bed and pinched a needle in her arm behind the elbow. Blood then started to come out from Kate. While waiting for the blood bank to be full the nurse then talked.

"He really lost a lot of blood, he had major injuries in the head and he have broken bones, I'm glad that someone like you could be so kind." The nurse said.

Kate just smiled while lying on the bed. "I have to save Him, it's my mission."

After one hour the blood bag was full already, ready to be donated to Phaul. The nurse noticed Kate's pale lips. "Are you alright?"

"Yes, I am." Kate replied.

"But it seems that you're not" the nurse added.

When Kate attempted to stand, she collapsed making the nurse worry, the nurse shouted for help.

Meanwhile, the blood transfusion to Phaul becomes successful but minutes later the doctor noted that Phauls heart beat becomes flat based on the electrocardiogram. Everyone in the emergency room got panicked. They've tried using a difribrillator to send electrical impulses to Phauls heart but after so many times of trying to bring him to life they've failed.

On the other hand, Kate is struggling for her life too in the other room. The doctor find out that she shouldn't donate her blood because it will detriment her health but she did it to save her friend. Phaul and Kate are struggling to live.

Isaiah's parent's finally arrived in the hospital. They try to stay calm but their faces shows that they are in deep despair. Isaiah made his parents calm down and he let them sit on the chair. Phauls friends are worried too.

Then the doctor announced that Phaul and Kate died. Time of death: 3:09 PM.

Sadness filled the waiting area as the doctors explained to them what really happened. Tears surrounded the waiting area, Isaiah's Mom and Dad are in grief. They couldn't believe that Phaul was gone. It's hard to accept the truth. It's hard to understand the whole situation ,they are all in pain, they are all in agony wishing that day was just a dream.

"I'm sorry Maam, we did whatever we could but....." The doctor's statement was suddenly interrupted by one of the nurses, and she pleaded "He is alive! The boy alive!" she exclaimed in amazement. Everyone in the waiting room was so shocked to hear to hear that Phaul was alive.

That was the most miraculous day for everyone but not for Kate, she didn't survive but her faith was in God. She died saving Phauls life.

Then months later, after Kate's burial and after Phaul recovered from physical and emotional trauma from the accident and Kate's death, he decided to be baptized as a Christian. Isaiah and His parent's felt so very happy after Phauls decision. Everybody was shocked by His decision, he deleted his social media accounts and started a new life with God. Without God, Phaul realized that he is nothing. After their graduation, Phaul again experienced a painful experience and that is the death of his second parents due to vehicular accident. This time Phaul didn't blame God for their death, instead he thought that God has a reason for allowing things to happen. His followers in social media accounts grew lesser but with his faith on, he knew in his heart that God truly exist and from then on he avoided saying things that could destroy the image of God. Even his nonbeliever followers coudnt believe the drastic change of Phaul.

Moreover, a Nun from the convent where Kate is living visited Phaul in His house.

"Before Kate leave, she always wanted me to give it to you Phaul." The Nun in the name of Maria Margarett handed me a box. Then she bid the sweetest goodbye to Phaul. " Bye Phaul, don't throw it away, keep it" then Phaul replied "Yes I will"

When Phaul opened the box, there he saw hundreds of letters. He was shocked to saw it then he picked the first letter and read it.

Dear Phaul,

I have always had a vision about God. I can talk to Him actually. I am glad that God has chosen me to be His servant. I feel so honored and blessed. I have a mission in this world and that is for me to share and live God. Until one day, God came to me, he said "Get ready and save a Man named Phaul". I have no idea who are you but its a mission so I always wanted to make the first step to know you. I answered God " Lord, I can't change Phaul, its you alone who can change Him not me, he did terrible things but I know if he ask forgiveness from you, you will forgive him. I know there is still goodness inside you and I know that you are not a bad person at all. I'm also sorry for all my letter sending mission. It was not supposed to pissed you off but I really want you to know the truth about God Phaul, its not too late to repent to Him. Pray and repent, have faith. I know that it's impossible for me to please you to believe in my God but I know someday he will come to you and make you realize all your mistakes you did to Him. I have done terrible things too before but by God's good grace I am saved. I also doubted his goodness before because I have no parents, but there are people who make me feel that I am not alone. There are people whom God uses for me to be able to know his truth and I am thankful for those persons whom God sends. Phaul I'm not doing this to force anything to you but I want you to know that God unconditionally loved us. Repent now while you still have time. I want to see you in Heaven someday with our Lord Jesus Christ.

With love,

Kate

End of flashback...

After reading her letter, my life was changed. Yes she's true. The love of God changed me. He is real. Heaven and Hell is real. God is real. Jesus Christ is coming back soon.

After all of the tragedies that happened in my life, I realize that there's no point in blaming God. He has a reason for every pain, every struggle. He came to me and cured my blindness, he is my light when I feel like my world is doomed.

I wrote a book entitled "The Love story of God and Me" to display my faith in Jesus Christ. From being an unbeliever I ,Phaul Uriel Key was being changed by God's love. Now I am a believer and God tells me to share my testimony throughout the world for them to know Jesus Christ. It is Jesus alone who is the way to eternal life .

I may now die peacefully with my faith, I don't care if I die today, tomorrow, I know in my heart that I will be spending an eternal life with my King because he tells me everything that I need to know to inherit his kingdom. Good works is useless without faith, repentance is useless if we always keep on making the sins again, let everyone of us learn from our mistakes and make Jesus as an example of doing great things for humanity.

I may have lost my most precious ones too early but I know that someday we will meet again in God's paradise.

Jesus is the way, the truth and the life. I live by faith and not by sight.