Chapter Six: Kate!

I suddenly collapsed while on my way to the library, I feel so very weak but I must still go on. My head started to rumbled again in pain. I think I cannot make it. I suddenly hear noises around me. "Kate! What happened to you, we need help here, she collapsed!"

"Help, help!" Shouted a rescuer.

"She's very pale, let's take her to the hospital." another girl uttered.

Then I feel that a man was carrying me. Take me to the hospital, I feel so very weak. I needed some strength.

Not now, not now please.

It's not yet my time, I want to live a little longer...

I want to live even if my life's a little shorter...

Hours later...

I woke up in a hospital bed seeing Phaul beside me , I also saw Isaiah and my other classmates. I am deeply touched, they are so caring , I am overwhelmed with such act.

Oops I forgot to mention, I'm an orphan. Nuns and Sisters pave way for me to be in School. Everybody in school knows about it but I was never ashamed of my true identity. I never blamed my parents for leaving me in an orphanage. I am still greatful I have many homes to be called as one. I have my classmates, I have my friends, I have my family in the convent and above all I have God.

Seeing Phaul made me happy, I'm glad were friends now, he used to bully me before up until now but when we were still on our lower years in middle school, he always have a say on me. He don't know that I am sick but I ignored every bullies from him even if I'm hurt.

Isaiah on the other hand is my crush, I admired everything about him. Some people taunt us as couples but were just friends. He is the President in our organization. We were close but not so close. He treated me as his sister and I treated him like a brother.

Ruth is my childhood friend, she stayed also in the orphanage before we met. She's also a scholar and have plans to become a Nun or a Sister someday.

Peter is also an orphan. He is so weird and quiet. His story is also teary eyed one.

Jezreel is my rival, but I don't treat him as my rival in school. Some taunt as as the next Marie Curie and Albert Einstein.

"How are you feeling now?" asked Ruth, one of my closest friends.

"I'm Fine" sorry Lord if I lied. Its better for them not to know about my situation.

"Were glad to hear that." Isaiah sigh.

"Yeah, maybe you're body is too exhausted, remember what we did the other day in our P.E class, it was indeed a tiresome activity girl, I'm glad you're fine now." Magdalene exclaimed.

"Are you really okay?" This time Phaul met my gaze.

In my mind I wanted to say not so but I have to be strong in front of them..

"Yeah, uhm no more pain here." I sigh while pointing in my head.

The truth is I am sick, I can't tell you what it is. I had this since I was 9, that feeling when your head suddenly feel a sudden ache then all you have to do is to ease it until it's gone.

Minutes passed, there's a knock on my door.

"Good morning Doc." Ruth greeted the Doctor when he entered the room.

"Good morning to everyone." Dr. Luke greeted everybody including me.

I smiled at him, he is my personal Doctor and I treat him as my father. I've known him since I was nine.

Peter asked then about my condition...

"So how is she, Doc?" he asked. Peter is one of my closest friends too.

"May we know her condition?" Phaul asked.

Dr. Luke then pretenciously act that I'm okay.

"Uhm she's okay it's just a minor headache, and maybe she stretched too much joints in her body which makes her fatigue and collapsed earlier." Dr. Luke looked in my direction. I just smiled at him. We both know the truth so we'll just pretend for them not to know.

"See? Doc says I'm okay." I exclaimed and my classmates. I let out a fake smile, yeah I'm smiling outside, deep inside they don't know but deep inside my heart is filled with joy. I know I can overcome this.

"Were glad you're okay now." Jezreel mumbled.

Then the Doctor advised my classmates to leave so that we can personally talked together.

"Get well, stay well." said Isaiah.

My classmates then bid goodbye to me and when I looked at Phaul, his smiles turned into frown. I wondered why? So I smiled at him but he didn't smiled back.

I called him just for a moment...

"Sorry Phaul, maybe we just continue the project the other time, together with others, is that okay?" I sigh.

"Yeah sure, anytime, anyday... Get well okay?" He said.

"Ok, I'll be well for all of you" I sigh and they finally bid goodbye to me and the only thing I could give them away is my sweet smile to tell them I am okay and fine.

When Dr. Luke noticed that they'd already go, we personally talked to each other about my condition.

"Please continue taking your medicines, I'm glad your smiling despite the pain." He said.

"Thanks Doc, I'm staying strong for everyone, although they didn't know my situation, someday they will understand why I keep it." I said smiling.

"That's the spirit girl! I'll be continuing praying for you.." Dr. Luke said.

Dr. Matthew Lhewis Luke is his full name, his life is very inspiring. He shared to me how his life was fully messed up in the past, his an unbeliever before but he was changed by the love of God. He is very blessed, he treats a lot of patients and make them well, I admired how he is so passionate about his profession. If God will permit me to have longer life, I would go to take the Medicine course. I want to heal people too just like what Mr. Matthew Lhewis do.

"Thanks Doc, even if I'll be living for only 5 months now, I'll treasure every moment to reach out to everyone, Even if I know that this life has to end, I'll be forever greatful that you've come to save me, thank God for leading me to a Doctor like you." I said to him.

"Miracles can happen every time... Do you still remember how God change my life? It was an epic one, I use to say he don't care, he's not there, but he is there. Have faith dear." He said and we both smile at each other.

I know in my heart, my mind and soul that I'll be okay soon. Yes I am sick but I am surrounding myself with positivity. People are hurting everywhere, and I am here with a mission. Someday it's gonna make sense.

Have Faith, but faith without actions is dead.