Chapter Nine: God's Territory

"Hey, wait? who are you little boy? and why are you handling me this huh?" I 'm asking the cute boy who handed me a letter, I bet he's 7 or years old up. He had dark brown eyes and a pale porcelain skin. He must be lost or something.

"I'm Genesis" he replied while smiling.

"Look, I don't know who you are and I don't know why are you giving me a letter, like where did it came from?" I asked him.

"It's a blessing Dude from up above..." the cute boy said and he ran away from me.

"Agh! what? Blessing? this is insane, yesterday I received a letter from a mailman then now there's this? when will this stupidity stop?" I sigh in disgust. I never had the courage to open the letter and read it, cause I know what it is all about and I have no time for it, just stop this stupidity now!

Our school janitor saw me put the letter in the trash, he saw how furious am I and how angry I am when I look into his gaze. I bet I frightened him with my gesture, well I'll never apologize for that.

Meanwhile, I rode on a cab cause Doctor Matthew says it's few meters away from our school. After reaching Barrio San Mateo, I decided to get out in the cab and start my mission.

Barrio San Mateo is a secluded place, its not like our villa where houses where big, I think people here are just living in a simple life. I noticed also that there are squatters area in the barrio with canals that are stinged with dirty mess and foul odor. I suddenly remembered those days when I was a Street Child, life is so cruel to me then.

I also got the courage to ask the citizens in Barrio San Mateo where the Chapel is, people where looking at me like I'm a celebrity, their eyes are all on me, I got ashamed because I never visited this place before, after asking some people in the streets where the convent is, A man helped me to what direction it is in the name of Micah. I am very interested in finding Kate, thanks to Doctor Matthew for telling me her address.

While walking in the streets of San Mateo, a beggar then suddenly draw near to me and he ask for a penny "Sir, help me, I'm starving..." but I didn't give any penny to him, you know why? because he can do more than me, I bet he is healthy. "Sorry but I have no money..." I said to him.

I hate people seeing beggars in the street, I know I came from there before, I know the feeling, but I never beg for money, I try to live on my own by just eating leftovers in trashcans, but seeing some beggars in a good condition makes me upset, I'd rather help the old ones than those who are still young and can do more in life. Forgive me for being harsh but that's me.

An hour later, I finally step into Mother Theresa Chapel where Kate lived... what will I do here now? thanks to Mr. Micah...

A Nun then suddenly approached me and tell me what can she do for me..

"Uhm Hi Sister..." I said.

"Uhm Hello Brother in Christ, what are you here for, are you looking for something?" she asked.

"Uhm yeah, uhm by the way Sister, I'm Phaul Uriel Key, a student from a Christian School, meters away from here..." I said.

"Aaaaah, I'm Sister Cristy, a Nun, obviously right?" she said and I smiled because she's true, she's wearing a dress for Nuns.

"Uhm, by the way Sister, I'm looking for Kate, where could I find her?" I asked.

"Oh, Kate? Yeah she's here..." she replied... "why? uhm do you want to talk to her?" she said.

"Uhm, yes.... uhm no... uhm the truth is I am here to know her condition, you know that she's asthmatic right? I'm one of her classmate" I said...

"Yeah, and maybe now she's resting in her room or at our garden, but would you mind if I call her and tell her that you're here Mr. Key?"

"Uhm, yeah, I would love to hear that... but is it okay for her? I mean to disturb her?" I asked again...

"I don't know, lets go and find out...."

Then Sister Cristy lead me to where Kate is...

She headed me to their Garden, it was so beautiful, no wonder Kate has been well taken care off by the Nuns and Sisters here.

"There she is, such a solemn girl, Uhm, you can talk to her now...don't worry I won't disturb the two of you, but if you would be rude to her, see my fist? I will not hesitate to punch you with it..." Sister Cristy said...

I laughed a bit by what she said, haha!

and then she said " I'm just joking, you go ahead and talk to her now...."

The truth is I'm afraid to go to her.... and Sister Cristy said, "Go Now,Kate will not ate you"

"Ok..."

Then I go near her, she is sitting under a Golden Shower tree...

She is writing something.... she's really weird, I thought this generation has more become like idiots, but she's not, I think she's writing on her Diary...

"Hi..." I exclaimed and she looked at me surprisingly...

"Oh, Phaul..." she then closed her cute pink notebook. In the cover I saw, "My life with Jesus", I think it's Kate's personal journal and I bet that her imaginary friend is her main focus in writing that stuff.

"What are you doing here? I mean, what made you decide to visit me here?" and then she smiled at me.

"Oh, sorry to interrupt you, but I'm here to check if you're okay now.." I said.

"How sweet of you Phaul, uhm I'm okay now, I'm fine, do you want me to tour you around here, this is my home Phaul, welcome Mr. Key!" she exclaimed while smiling, she's really pretty and cute even if she's sick.

"Uhm theres no need to do that Kate, I just really want to see you healthy, I'm worried about you, by the way, I want to apologize for what had happened earlier this morning, It's my own business okay, I hope you understand that there are people like me who exist to bash your imaginary friend..." I sad.

"You know what you need not to explain, and I thank God for bringing you here... oops sorry but this is my territory, I mean God's territory, so I'm responsible for you and I want to tour you here..." she said as she grabbed my hand and headed me towards inside the convent. Many Sisters saw us but Kate only smiled at them.