Chapter Two

30 Days Left Until The Ball

It's early in the morning and Ruby wakes up feeling refreshed. She was finally able to rest up after spending six hours standing in heels, last night. Ruby yawns and stretches her body out before Chip loudly entering her room. "Good morning, princess!" Ruby groans, burying her face in her pillow.

Chip looks over her clipboard that she was holding and reminds Ruby that today would be the first day of practice. "Just like Prince Seokjin and Princess Juliana, you will be taught t dance just like them and many more different kinds of dances. So hurry up and get change and eat a very healthy breakfast," Chip says and leaves the room to give Ruby some privacy.

She remembered watching Prince Seokjin danced with Princess Juliana and thought would she be any better than them? Nevertheless, she shouldn't be too worried and start getting ready for her first day of practice.

As usual, the maids come in and helped Ruby get ready. They told her she should get dressed comfortably so she can practice well. She thanked the maids and headed downstairs to eat.

"You have ten minutes to eat, your highness," Chip advises and bows at Ruby and the king who sat down to eat. "So, it's your first day of practice? I hope you learn everything from your new dance instructor," the king speaks. "Uh- who will be my dance instructor?" Ruby asks. "I can't say, it's for me to know and for you to find out," the king chuckles.

Ruby simply smiles at the king and finishes up with her breakfast. And by the time she was done, "Every day, the Kingdom's Practice Hall is near the castle, so you must head over there at all times except when your dance instructor has his reasons for you to not come," Chip explains.

"So he's a he," Ruby smirks. "Look, your dance instructor may be a guy, but I have a feeling you won't like it," Chip whispers. Ruby doesn't hear the last part, but she does get a bit excited to meet her new dance instructor.

When they arrive at a small building near the castle, as Chip had said, they both entered to find the dance hall empty. It was like a dance practice room, but much bigger. Larger mirrors on each wall and bright lights hang on the ceiling.

"This is Practice Hall," Chip says. "Indeed it is, welcome to your first day of practice, your highness," a male voice interrupts and when they face what supposed to be a dance instructor, Ruby is shocked to see who she encountered.

"I will be your dance instructor for the Kingdom's upcoming annual dance contests and for the Grand Ball in just 29 days. I am Jade Rabbit." There stands a six-foot-tall rabbit manly-like who appears to have large rabbit ears, his fur white as snow, and of course wore clothes. Ruby didn't want to look frightened and the sight of him being really kind of scares her.

"I- um-" the rabbit-man laughs and assures her he won't harm her in any way. "I'm a very trustful person, I'm very good with dancing and I think I can show you my dancing skills," he winks. "Oh, okay. I apologize for freaking out, there's no reason I shouldn't be. I'm Princess Ruby," Ruby gains confidence and introduces herself.

"Shall we begin our first lesson? I'm going to show you some simple steps of the waltz dance first, then, we can start by quickening our pace," Jare explains. So, Jare pulls Ruby close to his chest and rests his hand on her upper waist. Ruby nervously breathes and it seems to be noticed by Jare. "Don't be nervous and take a deep breath. This is a very simple and easy dance. Look, what I'm going to show you is the basic waltz box step."

Jare demonstrates his steps as Ruby watches. "All you have to do is you and your partner dance around in a counter-clockwise direction. The male lead would always his female partner while dancing. And for the female, she is supposed to follow along by dancing." Jare, once again, shows her the steps, dancing in a box-motion, step-by-step.

"Now you try it," he signals her. Ruby had already memorized his steps and now she is able to do something as he did. Ruby was getting the hang of it and Jare realized Ruby was now getting it. "Perfect! Now we can dance together," Jare claps his hands together.

Jare signals Chip to play the piano and once again, Jare, once again, pulls her close to his chest, getting into position. Chip began to play the piano and Jare guides her as they danced. "The only steps that make this dance process much easier is t start with the left foot first. So if I take a step forward with my left foot first then at the same time you take a step behind with your right foot."

He continues to show her until she understood the dance well. "Basically we're dancing the opposite steps, so if I dance forward, you dance backward. Then vice versa." Ruby was now getting the pattern of the dance, but it seems it wasn't like the dance from last night. "

As we're dancing, you must make eye contact with your partner," Jare says, noticing how Ruby's eyes stared at their feet as they danced the steps. Ruby moved her eyes and made eye contact with Jare's blue eyes and a sudden red-color blush heated her cheeks. Ruby was mesmerized, she felt like she was floating in the air with him.

She hasn't noticed she was still dancing and with her long dress that caused her to accidentally step onto the fabric of her dress, she trips over causing the pair to fall on the ground. Chip hears the loud crash and abruptly stops playing. Ruby blushes in embarrassment, not wanting to make eye contact with Jare. "That's alright, the accident happens on the first day. Let's try it again," Jare kindly smiles and helps Ruby stand up again.

"For now, you can watch our feet move so you can remember our steps for tomorrow's lesson. Let us practice the steps and this time tomorrow, we can dance with our eyes connected," Jare says. Ruby and Jare go back to dancing again and Chip plays the piano once more until night falls.

A small window in the back of the Practice Hall, Prince Yoongi watches Ruby's clumsy dance skills and scoffed at how Jare can keep up with teaching Ruby the easiest steps. "What are you doing?" Prince Yoongi is startled by a sudden deep voice from behind. He turns to face Prince Taehyung standing a few feet away.

"Shhh!" He hushes the prince. Prince Taehyung thought of how childish Prince Yoongi was, especially hiding and spying on Ruby. He grabs Prince Yoongi's wrist and pulls him out from his hiding spot. "What the hell?" Prince Yoongi complains. "You could've seen how Ruby sucked at dancing, she shouldn't participate in the Grand Ball," Prince Yoongi said, an angry expression shows.

"She's only a beginner, she'll learn quickly and will pick one of us by the end of this month," Prince Taehyung said with a smirk. "Oh yeah? Why don't you dance with Ruby and see how terrible she dances," Prince Yoongi snickers.

"Why should I? You're the one who's complaining more so why don't you dance Ruby at the Grand Ball," Prince Taehyung backfires and quietly walks away. Prince Yoongi is flustered and angry at the same time, hoping to prove to Prince Taehyung he is much better at dancing than he was.

Back inside the Practice Hall, Jare ended the dancing lessons for tonight. Ruby managed to remember the easy dance moves win her head. "Thank you, Jare. I apologize for messing up earlier, but now I got it and I will get better each day that passes by," Ruby said with a confident smile.

"You do have potential, princess," Jare grins. "Just call me Ruby," Ruby smiles. "I am getting tired," Ruby yawns. "You are right and you haven't eaten at all princess- I mean, Ruby," Jare said as he quickly checks the clock. "Well, then, I hope to see you tomorrow morning for more practice." Ruby nods and wished him a gd night before leaving.

"The king is waiting for you at the dining hall," Chip reminds her. "I'll probably eat and head to sleep," Ruby tiredly says. Chip and Ruby head back to the castle and thus, Ruby's normal life turns into a magical life in the Red Chrysanthemum Flower Kingdom...

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,426 Words