Chapter Fourteen

18 Days Left Until The Ball

Ruby decided to relax at Viennese Waltz Lake with Prince Yoongi after tons of practice from yesterday. Ruby was able to nail down the steps and she's now used to dancing at the same pace as Prince Yoongi. The two had met up at the same log where she saw Prince Seokjin by the lake.

Prince Yoongi wanted to continue his story about The Lost Prince, the last memories he spent with him before his disappearance. He hoped it might help Ruby find The Lost Prince or at least uncover the last tracks here in the kingdom. "Prince Jungkook was a good guy, he was the one that got me into dancing. We had the same dance instructor to teach us, we were about five years old," he explains.

Ruby giggles, imagining how small and young they were while practicing dancing. "Prince Seokjin was there too, that's how we became best friends. Although most of the kingdoms knew Prince Jungkook and I fought, there was a time where Prince Seokjin and Prince Jungkook argued once during a competition once. I couldn't figure out what they were arguing about, but it looked very serious. I think it was because Prince Jungkook had danced with Princess Juliana during practices," Prince Yoongi said.

Prince Seokjin has never mentioned a serious argument with The Lost Prince, she hoped to ask him sometime when she sees him. "But that's all I know, for now, I didn't want to get into anyone's business, but if it is about The Lost Prince, I think you should ask him, or more likely, I'll ask myself-" "No worries, I can ask him, I doubt he'll tell you after what happened a few days ago," Ruby had reminded him.

"You're right, I guess I should apologize to him," he sighs. The two remained quiet for a bit, admiring the lake's water and the way the wind blew the trees, softly, letting the leaves rustle.

"So there's something I have to tell you," Prince Yoongi suddenly announces. "What is it? Is it bad or good news?" Ruby worriedly asks. "Well, it's both actually," Prince Yoongi said.

"There's going to be a world competition overseas," he said. "Really? We should enter together!" Ruby happily said. "Yeah, but that's the bad news. My parents want me to enter this competition and I wanted you as my partner, but neither your father and my parents won't allow us to partner up before the ball. So they organized a dance partner for me," he explained. "I don't know when I'll return for the final selection at the ball, I will be leaving by next week."

Ruby is sad about the news, not just her being his partner, but also he probably won't show up to the Grand Ball and won't be a part of the final selection. The final selection will be the six elite princes from different kingdoms, in which Ruby would have to choose one prince to offer the first dance of the ball and be wed.

"But I will continue on helping you improve your dance until I return back to my kingdom," he promises. After their morning talk, Prince Yoongi went on to practice at Practice Hall before the competition. Surprisingly, his dance partner for the competition is actually here in the kingdom. So, he would have to meet Ruby later after his practice in the afternoon.

During her free time, she can now roam around the kingdom, more likely, she can still continue to ask around about The Lost Prince. The obvious place where there's a lot of people would be Samba Square. As she began to walk around, finding any particular person to ask, she spots Prince Hoseok who was also walking around.

She calls out to him as the prince, himself, greets back Ruby. "Whatcha' doin'?" He asked. "Nothing much, I just arrived here," she says. "Perfect, there's a bakery that is now selling animal cookies," Prince Hoseok excitedly says as he grabbed Ruby's hand and quickly dragged her on their way to the bakery.

"Slow down, Prince Hoseok, I'm wearing heels," Ruby breathes as she tries to catch up to him. They finally stopped in front of the bakery, Ruby was able to catch her breath. "I'm sorry, princess, I was so excited, I wanted to buy you an animal cookie," he apologizes as he watches Ruby fixing her dress.

"That's alright, I'm also excited," Ruby smiles. They both entered the bakery, encountering the heavenly smell of fresh bread and prepared cakes. "Your highnesses, welcome, is there anything you both would like to try or buy?" The baker greets. "Morning, we would like to try some of your delicious animal cookies I've been hearing about," Prince Hoseok speaks.

"Of course, your highness, sadly, I only can make three animals. As you can see, I have baked turtle, cat, and rabbit cookies." Prince Hoseok turns to Ruby and asked, "What would you like?" Ruby had thought about what cookie she should pick, but nevertheless, she right away picks the rabbit cookie.

The rabbit cookie reminded her of Jare, that's why she picked it. "I'll take two rabbit cookies," Prince Hoseok said as he places the money on the counter. They both happily exit out the bakery with the cookies in their hands.

"Thank you," Ruby said. Prince Hoseok simply smiles and they both took one good bite of their cookies. After walking around Samba Square and a small conversation, Prince Hoseok had left to meet up with his friends meanwhile Ruby decided to go check out Rumba Beach. "If I could rearrange the alphabet, I'd put 'U' and 'I' together." Ruby hears a flirty prince saying his iconic cheesy pick-up lines.

"Hello to you too, Prince Jimin," Ruby giggles. "Would you like to walk around the beach?" He asks, with his charming smile. "Why yes," Ruby jokingly faked a British accent as she lands her hand on top of his. They took a stroll down the sandy beach, hearing the waves crash onto the shore.

They both never noticed how beautiful the ocean is, the water is crystal blue just like the morning sky. "The beach is very beautiful and pretty, just like you, Princess Ruby," Prince Jimin compliments. "Thank you," she says.

"But you know who's more beautiful? My beloved sister," Prince Jimin says, his once charming smile has now turned into a depressing frown which Ruby notices. "I bet she is," Ruby comforts him, leaving her hand on his shoulder. "If only you saw her in person, her beauty made all the other princesses jealous and every prince would want to marry her." Ruby liked the way Prince Jimin expressed about his sister, she never seen him like that.

He has a kinky side, whom he would often joke around, saying such flirty pick-up lines or kiss the princess to fall in love with him, but he had a kind side, where he would mention his sister and her flaws. "Her hair is as soft as the flowers and her calls are like the angels singing to me. If she wasn't my sister, she would most definitely be my wife."

Ruby gave him a weird look. "What? You would pick him as your future husband and king at the ball if she was a prince." Ruby laughed, apologizing to the prince. "What was her name?" She asked. "Princess Belle, her name is beauty in French," Prince Jimin softly sighs.

She wondered if the real Princess Ruby had met Princess Belle before. "D-Did she passed away?" She asked him, expecting a calm answer. "Sadly yes, I was five when she died at thirteen." Prince Jimin sat down on the sandy surface, looking out at the ocean.

Ruby sat down next to him, reassuring him with words that reminded him of his older sister. They spend more time at the beach before they departed their own ways. Ruby headed back to Practice Hall, hoping Prince Yoongi had finished practicing. But she rather gave him a break and practice with Jare first.

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,355 Words