Chapter Fifteen

17 Days Left Until The Ball

"Princess, wake up!" Chip loudly shouts, scaring Ruby from her beauty sleep. "What?!" She jolted up. Chip excitedly opens the curtains, letting the bright sun glow inside her room. "I forgot to mention about the kingdom's Annual Royal Horse Racing Derby today," Chip announces. "Horse racing what?" Ruby asked, confused as ever.

"All the elite princes from all over the kingdoms are invited to participate in the horse racing derby. It's once in a lifetime," Chip clarifies and helps Ruby pick her perfect gown to wear. "Where will it take place?" She asked. "At Cha-Cha-Cha Arena," Chip states.

That's right, the arena is quite large like a real sports stadium. When they arrived at the arena, Ruby is greeted by many royal nobles. Ruby and the king sat in the front where they get a clear-open view of the land. Ruby easily spots Prince Hoseok, Prince Jimin, and Prince Seokjin with their horses.

Ruby can see Prince Seokjin running up to her in the stands, she guesses he wanted to speak with her before the race starts. "Hey," he says with a gloomy look on his face. "What's wrong?" She asked. "Races like this, Princess Juliana would be here, cheering me on, but because we've broken up, I don't think I'll win this race," he said.

"Don't worry about it, if you want, I can cheer on for you. I just know you'll win," Ruby helps him calm his nerves. "Thank you, Princess Ruby, I'll be sure to take the gold medal for you," he winks before running back to his place. Although Prince Seokjin has many fans cheering for him, just hearing Ruby's voice soothed him, like a single melody from a piano that matched a calm scenery at a lake.

She sees the other princes and waves at them for good luck and it didn't take long for everyone to settle in their seats and the race soon began. The sound of a pistol had rung loudly in the arena which signaled the racers to start. Ruby loudly cheers for Prince Seokjin, seeing Prince Hoseok taking the lead, but Prince Seokjin closes in.

It was an intense battle to first place between Prince Seokjin and Prince Hoseok. However, there's been an accident as Prince Hoseok's horse trips over its own feet causing the hose to fall and Prince Hoseok is badly injured. Everyone is terrified to see the injured prince, Ruby becomes worried about Prince Hoseok.

Thankfully, the race crew had quickly come to the prince's aid, helping him up on a carrier meanwhile they also calmed the horse down. The prince shoots up to two thumbs up in the air, hoping to calm the audience down. Ruby sighs in relief, realizing the race is still continuing and she proceeded to cheer Prince Seokjin.

Prince Seokjin continues to finish the race, ending up in first place which makes the whole crowd go wild. The king congratulates Prince Seokjin and awards him the gold medal for coming in first place. He was also given a large bouquet of red roses. He waves at the crowd, thanking all of them for their support.

He turns back to face Ruby, a wide grin on his face. "Thank you, Princess Ruby, for cheering for me, I am very happy and grateful," Prince Seokjin said, pecking her cheek, softly. "I want you to gave these, to honor my victory. If Princess Juliana can't have these, then I don't want any other princess beside you to have these." Prince Seokjin hands Ruby the bouquet of roses as Ruby accepted his gratitude.

"Thank you, Prince Seokjin, you didn't have to though," Ruby said. "It makes me happy to know you accepted my gift," Prince Seokjin smiles. After the arena was cleared out, the king hosted a party at the palace to celebrate the victory of Prince Seokjin, along with the other participants in the race. Ruby was still a bit worried about Prince Hoseok's injured leg.

"Don't worry, Princess, Prince Hoseok is still recovering from his injury at the royal infirmary," Chip assures Ruby. "Hey, there's Prince Yoongi and I assume that's her partner," Chip said, nudging Ruby where Prince Yoongi entered the ballroom with a beautiful princess standing beside him, her arm looped around his.

Ruby walked towards Prince Yoongi, greeting both of them. "Princess Ruby, I would like you o meet my dance partner whom I spoke to you about yesterday, for the world competition." Prince Yoongi introduces his dance partner as Princess Jasmin Ruiz of the White Jasmine Kingdom. "Nice to meet you, your highness," Princess Jasmin greets as she bows down.

"Likewise, Princess Jasmin, I do hope you two enjoy your partnership for the world competition and win for victory," Ruby comments. "Thank you, Princess Ruby," they both said. "Please spend your time here in my kingdom and I do hope you two return on the fo the royal Grand Ball," Ruby says before bowing down and leaves.

"I hope so too," Prince Yoongi whispers. "You were so calm back there, the real princess would just joke around and sound a bit rude towards the prince," Chip says. "I don't know what came in me, I just had to tell them how I felt," Ruby said, looking down at her hands

"A princess should never stop smiling," Prince Jimin speaks, using his fingers to hook under Ruby's chin, lifting her head up to face him. "Prince Jimin, congratulations on being second place," she congratulates the prince. "Thank you, I may be second place in the race, but at least I'm in first place in winning for heart on the ay of the ball," he smiles cheekily.

"We'll see about that, Prince Jimin," Ruby giggles as she playfully hits his chest. "How's Prince Hoseok doing?" She asked Prince Jimin. "After the award ceremony, I went to check up on Prince Hoseok, he was in a lot of pain," Prince Jimin described. "He had a huge gash on his right leg and a big bruise on his left leg. Thank heavens, his bones weren't broken," he sighs.

"I assume he won't be joining us tonight, right?" She asked. "Sadly, no, he must stay home at the royal castle hotel where we are staying." There's an actual royal castle hotel for royalty only? She thought.

"You can visit him if you have spare time," he says and immediately spots a very pretty princess speaking with another princess. "I would love to stay and speak, but a beautiful bird is calling me," Prince Jimin dramatically grasps onto his suit and flawlessly walks away. "Where's Prince Namjoon and Prince Taehyung? I haven't seen them around," Ruby says as she looks around the ballroom to spot any of the princes.

"It seems like both intelligent princes don't quite to be interested in the Horse racing Derby," Chip said in her opinion. "I guess you're right, they don't look like horse racers," Ruby nods in agreement.

"Princess Ruby, greetings," says Jare as he appears from behind. "Jare, hello!" Ruby beams. "I guess you already know there won't be any practices held at Practice Hall today," Jare said, starting up the conversation. "I know, I have already met Prince Yoongi's dance partner for the world competition," she mentions.

"Ahh, Princess Jasmin, she is a very interesting dancer. I'm actually examining their dance recitals. I do hope that doesn't bother your practice schedule," Jare said. "Not at all, Practice Hall will always be open for all princes, princesses, villagers, and all kinds of living beings are welcomed to practice," Ruby said which makes Jare hop in joy.

"That's wonderful to hear, Princess Ruby. I'm sure Prince Yoongi will have some time to finish up his lessons before the end of this week," Jare said. "No worries, I can continue practicing on my own or with the help from the other princes, I don't want Prince Yoongi to overwork himself." Jare nods and understands Ruby's concerns.

"But since I'm a dance instructor, I should be able to continue my job," Jare says. "So, I hope to see you tomorrow," Jare said, bowing at Ruby and walks away to greet the other royal guests. "Let's finish this day by celebrating this party with the guests then off to bed," Chip said and guides Ruby to meet with the guests she never met before.

And thus, the night indeed ended with the bright full moon in the dark sky...

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,417 Words