Chapter Six

26 Days Left Until The Ball

After Ruby finished her breakfast, she and Chip headed to Practice Hall. "I can't believe tomorrow is the contest, I'm actually nervous, but at the same time, I know I can do it." Chip convinces her she'll do her best. When they entered, they greeted Jare and... Prince Hoseok?

"Prince Hoseok, what are you doing here?" She asks him. "I'm here to practice and I-I want to k-know if y-you want t-to dance with me?" Prince Hoseok suddenly stutters as he asks her, nervously. "I think he'll be a perfect example for you when you choose your prince for the contest," Jare explains.

"I-I guess," Ruby shrugs. Prince Hoseok sticks his hand out and Ruby accepts as they both walk to the center of the floor. Ruby takes a deep breath and once the music starts playing, Prince Hoseok begins to take the lead. They both danced around the rim of the floor, Ruby delicately falls her head back, feeling the music flow through her ears.

Is this what Princess Juliana was feeling when she danced with Prince Seokjin? She wishes to pretend to dance with Prince Seokjin, but because of the dance contest tomorrow, she needs to concentrate and focus on dancing with the prince she's dancing with.

Before they end their dance, Prince Hoseok tightens his grip around Ruby's waist and holds her down to end their dance. "That was perfect! I think you two should be partners for tomorrow's contest," Jare claps. "I knew you're better than me, so I bought a gift for you," Prince Hoseok said.

"You should close your eyes, it's a surprise," he grins widely, but that smile of his was highly suspicious from Chip and Jare's point of view. Ruby closed her eyes and she feels his hands touch with his hands and felt something weird on her hand. "Open your eyes," he instructs and when she does, she lets out the scariest and loudest scream when she sees a spider in her hand.

She drops the spider and rubs her hands on her gown. "Ahhh! What the hell?!" Prince Hoseok laughs and when he saw how angry he looked, he quickly apologized and thought it might help her calm her never for tomorrow. "You think we should be partners? I don't even want to think about choosing you on the day of the Grand Ball!" Ruby furiously shouts.

Prince Hoseok's heart shatters and is heartbroken by the words Ruby was spitting. "Ruby-" Chip tries to calm her down, but the prank Prince Hoseok pulled off, Ruby was not happy. Prince Hoseok apologizes once more and leaves Practice Hall. "I think I need a moment," Ruby said and also leaves Practice Hall seconds later after Prince Hoseok.

Ruby decided to take go to Rumba Beach to calm her anger down. She regrets what she said to Prince Hoseok, usually when she's angry, she'd say something without even thinking and she always regrets it because she knows she's hurt their feelings. Chip thought it'll be a good idea to give her space and let her go alone. She sits down on the sand, letting out a long sigh as she looks at the ocean waves crashing upon waves.

"Something's wrong with my eyes because I can't take them off you." Ruby looks up and finds Prince Jimin admiral watching at Ruby. "Prince Jimin? What is it?" Ruby annoyingly asks. "Calm down, angry kitten, I just wanted to cheer you up since I saw how angry you came in. What happened?" Prince Jimin asks.

"Prince Hoseok pranked me and it was a spider," Ruby said which makes Prince Jimin burst out in laughter. "That's not funny!" She shouts at him. "I'm sorry, but I have to admit, Prince Hoseok canoe funny, but he does it because he wants to see every pretty princess smile," he said. But to Ruby, it wasn't funny and she doesn't smile just thinking about that spider.

"Okay, well, it's not funny to think about it now, but-" Prince Jimin thinks about it for a moment until an idea pops in his head. He runs far from where Ruby was sitting and Ruby is confused as to why he left like that. "Where are you going?!" Ruby shouts as she stands up to watch Prince Jimin run from a far distance.