Chapter Eleven

21 Days Left Until The Ball

Today was the day that Prince Yoongi was going to help and teach Ruby to master her dancing skills. Ruby woke up extra early before Chip could even wake her up. Ruby took a bath, got changed, ate breakfast, and quickly walked to Practice Hall. Just in time, she arrived at Practice Hall first. And for the first time, she was there first before Jare. The room was dark, not even one single light in the room which signals her that there was anybody else besides her and Chip.

She sighs in relief, realizing there was no one else and she could relax before Prince Yoongi arrives. But, the lights have been switched on and Ruby and Chip were startled by the lights switching on and turned to see none other than Prince Yoongi, standing by the storage room.

"Prince Yoongi? How long have you been here or did you just get here?" Ruby asks, with a nervous tone. "I was here for an hour," Prince Yoongi sternly said. "What? But you said at 6, why were you here at 5 in the morning?" Ruby asked, a shockingly look on her face. "I was here for an early practice myself," the prince explains.

"Ohh okay, thank god," Ruby chuckles. "Enough chit-chat, we shall practice until the end of the day," Prince Yoongi announces. As much as Ruby wants to complain about practicing all day, she doesn't want to mess it up for herself and the prince.

Chip settles onto the bench of the piano, ready when they are. Prince Yoongi and Ruby approached the center of the dance floor. "We going to start off slow, to see how much you approved then we're going to speed up our dance and see how much can you catch up to my pace," Prince Yoongi gives her instructions. Ruby nods, understanding his lecture.

Prince Yoongi signaled Chip to start playing and started off playing the piano in a soft and slow song. They took small steps first, matching along with the rhythm. Then they swayed their upper bodies from left to right which then the prince guides Ruby around the room as they danced. As the music began to play a bit faster, Ruby can suddenly feel the prince's change of pace.

His pace was much different than Prince Jimin, Prince Hoseok, and Prince Namjoon's pace. When she danced with them, their pace was slow and steady. She guesses that's why Prince Yoongi is the best dancer in all the kingdoms because his pace is very surprisingly better than any other prince.

Since his pace was fast, Ruby couldn't keep up with his steps. Instead of dancing and following his steps, it's like a mini-marathon for Ruby, running in tiny steps. Prince Yoongi natures her mistakes and stops their dance and signaled Chip to stop playing. Though he wasn't mad, he felt a bit frustrated.

Prince Yoongi advises Ruby, she should be able to match her steps to his, how slow and fast they should go. "It's the same steps, just that we went from slow to fast, so I shouldn't be that hard. Maybe you should try practicing those same steps by yourself, I will watch from the side and see the mistakes you're making," Prince Yoongi suggests.

Prince Yoongi signals Chip once more as she began to play ton the piano, starting off as slowly, first. "Pretend you're dancing with a prince, keep your hands in position." The prince focuses his eyes on ruby's feet, making sure she follows her steps correctly.

And after much practice, Prince Yoongi could see Ruby's progress getting better, seems like she's getting used to it. Ruby takes a ten-minute break, removing her heels so her feet can relax. While they're resting for a bit, Ruby had been thinking about The Lost Prince and thought this might be a good chance to ask Prince Yoongi about The Lost Prince.

But at the same time, she doesn't want to pressure Prince Yoongi if she asked him about his past with The Lost Prince. Either way, she needs answers and she wants to know about The Lost Prince if she wants to find and recover the kingdom's happiness. She becomes resistant at first, but puts on a brave face and walks over to Prince Yoongi.

"Uh- Prince Yoongi, I would like to ask you a question?" Ruby nervously asks. Prince Yoongi doesn't mind answering a few questions, thinking it would be about their practice. "W-What do you k-know about The Lost P-Prince?" She watches Prince Yoongi's facial expressions changed, an upset look on his face.

Ruby is shocked and frantically apologized to the prince for asking. "I'm so-so-so-so-so-so sorry! Please don't answer if you're uncomfortable, I just want to prove that he could be alive and he could be anywhere!" The prince only sighs and glares at Ruby which scares Ruby a lot.

"Did you come here to practice or play detective?" Prince Yoongi asked. Ruby looked down with sorrow, thinking she must've hunted his feelings, just mentioning The Lost Prince. "Prince Jeremy was my best friend, we enjoyed dancing that we even joined world competitions together with our partners. It was a friendly competition at first, I admired him being placed in the first place. But as time passes, he was getting better than me, I was feeling jealous of all the attention he had. He liked the attention so much, I just hated that smile of his. The last time I spoke to him was that argument we had. I was not responsible for his disappearance and I want him back alive."

Just hearing his story was heartbreaking, Ruby could tell he wanted to dance with fun with the prince and not just some stupid competition to see who is the better dancer. "What were the last words the Prince had said to you before he disappeared?" Ruby asked. "I can still hear his voice ringing in my head, he told me 'let's dance together again with great joy and love,'."

Just then, Jare comes in, interrupting their small chat. "Oh, your highnesses, hello," Jare greets. "Hello, Jare," Ruby smiles. "I saw your excellent dance with Prince Namjoon yesterday at Tango Garden," Jare compliments. "Thank you," Ruby blushes. "I'm sorry that I mentioned The Lost Prince, should we show Jare our dance practice?" Ruby asked, standing up and held her hand out.

Prince Yoongi sadly smiles and grabs her hand, agreeing with her idea. "Hey Jare, we're both happy that you're here. I was wondering if you would like to observe our dance practice?" Prince Yoongi asks. "Don't mind if I do, after all, I am your dance instructor," Jare winks. "Now, to positions!" Jare announces.

Chip began to play the piano and the pair soon starts their dance at a slow pace, Ruby grips her hand on the cloth of his shoulder as the prince, himself, slowly quickens his pace. Though Ruby struggles a bit, she was able to follow the prince's patterns and tried to dance with him along with the music.

Jare can see her struggling and stopped Chip's playing and their dance. He wants two try the dance with Ruby. "You know the steps and the pattern sequence, right?" Jare asks. Ruby nods and Jare pulls her close to him and signaled Chip to play again. "This pattern that Prince Yoongi has taught you, looked difficult for you to memorize, so here's an easy way for you to remember and dance the pattern with your partner," Jare explains. Ruby concentrated on the patterns as Jare dances with Ruby around the practice room.

"You start from left to right, then back to right and left with your right foot, you both son around, your partner would spin around with the opposite foot." Ruby successfully matched her quick steps with Jare. They continued their lesson until the song has come to an end. Ruby was soon understanding the easy pattern Jare had told her.

"Prince Yoongi, are you available tomorrow?" Jare asked Prince Yoongi. "Yes I am, I was hoping to practice with Princess Ruby tomorrow, I want to see the princess improve her dancing skills better." "Perfect, I will be out tomorrow, so I needed someone like you to finish off the lessons with Princess Ruby. For now, you two should head home, it's getting late." Jare points at the window with a beautiful sunset setting in the sky.

"Tomorrow same time?" Ruby asked the prince. "Actually, I was hoping to walk with you around Samba Square, if that's okay with you?" Prince Yoongi asks. "I don't mind at all," Ruby smiles. Chip could see them both smiling at each other and she, herself, was happy that Ruby was getting along with the prince.

Like a few days ago, their first meeting at the dinner ball was rough with bumping into each other to an ugly runner around the kingdom to one dance practice that created a beautiful bond. "Your highness, we should get back to the castle, his majesty awaits you," Chip interrupts. "I'll see you tomorrow," Ruby waves.

"I'll stop by at your castle to pick you up," Prince Yoongi says. "Thank you..."

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,542 Words