Chapter Twenty-Six

6 Days Left Until The Ball

Tonight will be the dinner party for the king's annual birthday. This morning became a very busy hour for the castle's staff to prepare for tonight's party. Ruby just finished eating breakfast and had left the castle to meet up with Prince Seokjin at Practice Hall.

"Good morning, Princess Ruby!" "Good morning to you too, Prince Seokjin!" They both happily greet each other. Before entering, Prince Seokjin tugged on Ruby's hand, palms clasped together and letting their fingers intertwined like one. Chip really liked how much they look like a real couple, she admires it.

But only she wished it was the real princess who should get along with the princes. As they reached the center of the dance floor, Ruby's hand seemed to drift off, letting go from the prince's hand. "What's the matter, Princess Ruby?" He asked with a worried look in his eyes as he steps closer to her.

Ruby had wondered what would happen once the ball is over, would everything go back to the way it used to be? That's what she's worried about, sooner or later, the princes will soon find out the truth. "Don't worry about it, just feeling nervous for tonight," she fake smiles. "Don't be, we'll do our best," he says as he calms her down.

As always, Chip settles herself at the piano, soon began playing as they were ready to take the floor. Each day that passes by, Ruby is getting better at dancing. When Prince Seokjin began taking the first steps of their waltz, Ruby immediately already knew the follow-up steps. It's like she wants to take the lead instead.

Prince Seokjin couldn't control himself but to create eye contact with her. Ruby could feel his stare, her cheeks turned a blush pink, as her eyes connect with his. His hand firmly against her waist and their connected hands creating warmth in between their palms.

They twirl around, their hands never letting go. Prince Seokjin turns her around, her back facing him, but their hands are still connected. They waltz backward before he spins her around to face him. Chip notices how they put their feelings in their waltz, which just proves that they're falling for each other.

About a few minutes into their dance practice, they ended with a final pose. "That was amazing as always!" Chip compliments as she claps at their waltz. "Thank you," Ruby said.

"I don't think we need to practice anymore for today, you're getting better at dancing, Princess Ruby," Prince Seokjin said. "Prince Yoongi taught you well," he continues to compliment her. Just hearing Prince Yoongi's name brings Ruby burden and Chip could easily tell by the look of distress she has.

"His highness is right, you both should go home and get ready for tonight," Chip said cutting in. They both leave Practice Hall and when she turns to face Prince Seokjin, she is suddenly taken aback by Prince Seokjin kissing her on the cheek. "I'll see you later tonight," he says, showing off his charismatic cheeky smile, and walks off.

"He definitely likes you more than the other princes," Chip teases, resulting in Ruby's cheeks flush. Just as she turns around to walk back to the castle. Princesses Rosie and Josie walked up to Ruby with a sour look on their faces. Doesn't look good, she thought.

"We saw that!" Princess Josie yelps. "We heard that you'll be dancing tonight at the dinner party with Prince Seokjin, is it true?" Prince Rosie asked, giving Ruby a hard stare, like a glare. Ruby could feel her hands shake nervously, who knew how much jealousy these twin sisters are raging in jealousy.

"So what if I am?" Ruby says, standing up for herself. The twin sisters look at each other before looking back at Ruby. They snickered to themselves and Princess Rosie speaks first. "We're not that mad at you for picking Prince Seokjin as your dance partner." "My dear sister is right, we're actually happy that Prince Seokjin picked you out of those greedy girls that chase Prince Seokjin like every day," Princess Josie explains, rolling her eyes as she mentions the other girls.