Chapter Thirteen

19 Days Left Until The Ball

This morning, Ruby had received a letter from Prince Seokjin about meeting up with her at Viennese Waltz Lake. Ruby hoped he wasn't upset or angry from yesterday. But she couldn't help it, he was indeed handsome and charming, she didn't want to say no with a beautiful face like his. However, she did see how hurt Prince Yoongi was when she invited Prince Seokjin to join along.

Gosh, Ruby, it's not about the looks, she thought.

Ruby headed to Viennese Waltz Lake after getting ready and ate breakfast. She didn't want the prince to be waiting for too long. About a fifteen-minute walk from the castle to the lake, she actually does find Prince Seokjin. And it looks like he's alone, Princess Juliana out of sight, he is sitting down on a large log, in front of the crystal-water lake.

"Good morning, Prince Seokjin," Ruby greets, bowing at the prince. "Good morning to you too, Princess Ruby," Prince Seokjin says, also bowing back at Ruby. "Why is it that you wanted to meet with me?" She asked Prince Seokjin, a hint of nervousness in her voice as she sits down on the log, a few feet away from the prince. "Princess Juliana and I fought again, so I came here to relieve myself," he explains.

"Why did you two fight? If you don't mind me asking." Prince Seokjin takes a heavy breath and began explaining how Prince Seokjin would run away from screaming fans and would often skip practices because he enjoyed the kingdom. Also, Princess Juliana would also often skip dance practices just to attend 'busy' tea parties with important royal attendees.

They each had their own problem and think they aren't good enough for each other. "We decided to give our relationship a break, we're no longer together," Prince Seokjin said. Ruby is surprised that the two most popular royals are not together anymore. "I'm sorry you two have to go through that," Ruby says.

"So about you and Prince Yoongi, are you two dating?" Prince Seokjin asks. "What?! N-No, we a-aren't, r-really," Ruby stutters and blushes, avoiding eye contact with Prince Seokjin. "Really? I thought you were, the way he holds you reminded me that way I would hold Princess Juliana whenever a prince would try to steal her away," Prince Seokjin chuckles.

"Well, you got it all wrong, he was just being protective. And besides, he was just upset that you wanted to join along when it was his idea for just the both of us." Prince Seokjin nodded his head, understanding yesterday's situation.

"You're right, I shouldn't have interfered with the two of you. But I'm happy you two anent together, which gives me the chance to get to know you more than just friends," he smiles as he scoots close to Ruby. Ruby's heart sounds like crazy, his scent of cologne enters her nostrils, it was like heaven.

Wait, she doesn't think Prince Seokjin broke up with Princess Juliana because of Ruby?! That would be crazy, she thinks. "I feel much better after all the heavy burden weighing on me, do you want to take a walk around Tango Garden?" He asked. Ruby looks at Chip to see if she had extra time before she would meet up with Prince Yoongi at Practice Hall.

Of course, Chip wanted Ruby and the prince to get along, so she held two thumbs up which meant Ruby had enough time to spare with Prince Seokjin. "Yes, I think Tango Garden sounds wonderful," Ruby says. Prince Seokjin offers his arm which Ruby gladly accepts and the two walk to Tango Garden, which wasn't a far walk.

While they walked to Tango Garden, Prince Seokjin asked Ruby about any new information or details about The Lost Prince. "Two days ago, I asked Prince Yoongi what he knows about The Lost Prince and well, he looked really hurt when I mentioned it to him," Ruby becomes sad, just thinking the prince's sad expression.

"But he gave in, telling me his side of the story. Of course, they were best friends, who both enjoyed dancing. They entered several competitions together, but as time goes by, The Lost Prince becomes better than Prince Yoongi and that's where the two become rivals. Prince Yoongi admitted that he was jealous of The Lost Prince because he was getting all the attention and support from various kingdoms."