Chapter Twenty-Nine

3 Days Left Until The Ball

This morning, Ruby and Chip headed to the prison cells which were located underneath the castle grounds. "Your highness," one of the guards bowed. At her presence. "My father stated that I am allowed to free Emma," Ruby tells the guard. "Yes, your highness, his royal majesty had reported to me already," he said.

He guides her to Emma's prison cell and upon arriving, it's sickening to see such a frail girl in a lonely stay place. The guard unlocks the gate of the prison cell and opens it wide for Ruby to enter. "What are you doing here?" Emma sneers in disgust. "Bow down to her royal highness!" The guard shouts in demand.

"That's fine," Ruby gestures to the guard and asked for some privacy. The guard bows and takes his leave as Ruby sits down next to Emma. "I hope you're happy that your kingdom had believed you and not me," Emma croaks as tears build up in her eyes. "Emma, I understand, but it isn't your business to butt in without my consent," Ruby explains. "Excuse me?" Emma asked, slightly offended at the word 'butt in', no knowing what Ruby meant by that.

"What I'm trying to say, Princess Ruby and I planned on telling the kingdom the truth on the day of the ball, I'm only doing this to help Princess Ruby. She's not prepared to do so, she can't even dance even though Jare Rabbit could teach her. We may look the same, but we're different." Emma wipes the tears from her eyes with her sleeves and sighs before she looks sincere at Ruby.

"Everyone hates me, I'd rather stay here than go out and have the whole kingdom glare at me with hate," Emma sobs. "Why do you always do such mean things? Telling lies or doing things to annoy people?" Ruby asked which makes Emma stop crying. "If you keep this up, no one will ever believe anything you say," she continues.

"I don't pick on people for fun, I just don't have friends. I'm an orphan with no parents, I work as a cleaning girl and I get jealous when I see other people run around and playing with their friends. Rubbing their happiness in my face and no one wants to be my friend!" Emma fully explains. "I hate them, they're mean, I hate them!" Emma throws a loud tantrum.

Unknowingly, Ruby begins to giggle at Emma's angry state and Emma who looks at Ruby with a confused look wondered why she was laughing. "I knew it, you're laughing at me because I bet you have so many friends that you're making fun of me!" Emma angrily shouts. "No, no, that's not why I'm laughing," she stops herself from laughing more.

"It's not hard to make friends, Emma. Do you want to be my friend?" Emma looks at Ruby, hope-filled her heart, she cracked an awkward smile, but Ruby paid no mind. "Y-Yes!" Emma excitedly jumps. "Just promise me that you'll be nice to everyone and apologize to those people you caused trouble with. Go around the kingdom and explore, meet new people and make some friends." Ruby gave Emma some advice to change her rotten old life.

"T-Thank you, Princess Ruby!" Emma hugs her and they both walk out of dark prison cells. "Your highness, his highness is here to pick you up," Chip announces Prince Taehyung's arrival. "Right, the forest concert at Foxtrot Forest," Ruby says and thanked Chip before walking her way to the main gates of the castle.

"Wait! How do I look?" Ruby asked Chip. "Let me get my wand to fix you up a bit," Chip says as she magically pulls out her wand and waves it over Ruby's head, murmuring a magic spell as Ruby's gown and hair are fixed, and her makeup quickly done. "Perfect, I'll give you two some personal space," she teases and winks at Ruby.

"Silly Chip," Ruby playfully rolls her eyes and walks to the main gates. Prince Taehyung is speechless of Ruby's beauty. She wore a purple gown, casually fancy is what Ruby had thought for their date. "A-Are you ready?" He asked, clearing his throat. "Of course, I'm so excited," she says, tucking her arm underneath his.