Chapter Eight

24 Days Left Until The Ball

After an astonishing win yesterday, Chip decides to give Ruby a break from dancing and take her to the kingdom's most beautiful lake, Viennese Waltz Lake. Coincidental, Prince Hoseok is also at the lake, throwing pebbles in the water. "Good morning Prince Hoseok!" She calls him out. "Oh, hey, Ruby!" He smiles as he waves her over.

"How was your royal dinner with your friends?" She asks Prince Hoseok. "They loved it, they may not be royalty, but at least they're very good friends," Prince Hoseok said. "The next dance contest is in a few weeks, I'm wondering who you'll pick," Prince Hoseok begins to wonder, curiously.

"I was thinking Prince Namjoon, Prince Taehyung, or Prince Yoongi," Ruby says as she was deciding which prince to pick. "I think Prince Namjoon, the other two are hard to ask to become your dance partner," Prince Hoseok explains.

"I guess," Ruby shrugs. "Do you want to go on date with me?" Prince Hoseok suddenly asks as he points towards a small rowing boat. "Yeah," Ruby smiles in delight. Prince Hoseok and Ruby walked towards the boat and he carefully helps her get in before getting in himself.

Prince Hoseok began to row the boat to the center of the lake, Ruby didn't know how much strength he used to row the boat. He stops rowing as soon they're already at the center of the lake, he points out something on the lake, distracting Ruby.

Ruby gets tricked as she tries to find what Prince Hoseok had pointed at and her whole body falls to the water, realizing that the boat had tilted, causing both of them to fall in the water. Chip, who stayed on the surface, had witnessed it all and angrily shouted at Prince Hoseok.

Ruby now knows that Prince Hoseok had set up this awful prank by purposefully tip the boat over. "You jerk!" She angrily shouts. Prince Hoseok holds this stomach, laughing hard as his prank was a success. Although she fell for his prank once again, she didn't want to hurt his feelings if she were to blurt out insults to the poor prince.

Ruby finds the prince's prank funny and laughs along with Prince Hoseok. Prince Hoseok was happy to see her smile and laugh, which makes him smile. Ruby forgives Prince Hoseok for the prank which in return, he kissed her on the cheek, causing Ruby to blush.

Chip helps them out from the water and scolded the childish prince. "I should get back to the castle to get washed up and get changed," Ruby tells Prince Hoseok. "Yeah, same here," Prince Hoseok says, they were drenched from the cold water.

They both heads to their operating ways, Ruby returned to the castle to take a bath and change to a different gown. After what seemed to be an hour or two, Ruby was already cleaned up and dressed more comfortably.

"Now what?" Ruby asks, wondering what should she do for the day. "Why don't you go to Jive Park? It's more peaceful there and you might meet up with a prince there," Chip suggests. "I guess you're right about that," Ruby agrees.

Ruby and Chip headed out of the castle once again and walked to Jive Park, crossing the small bridge and passing by Rumba beach. Just like Chip had predicted, Ruby spots Prince Namjoon who looked like he was enjoying feeding the pigeons.

"Prince Namjoon! Hello!" She happily greets the prince. "By the way, congratulations on winning," he smiles. "Thank you," she replies. "I apologize for not congratulating you yesterday, so many people have come to congratulate you, and Prince Hoseok and I couldn't pass by." "That's okay, no need for apologies," Ruby giggles.

"I bought a bag of bird seeds to feed the pigeons, you want to help?" Ruby nods her head yes and sits down on the bench next to him. They throw the seeds at the pigeons for a while until the bag was now empty. "So, any luck on finding The Lost Prince?" He asks, suddenly mentioning The Lost Prince.

"With your help, I was able to get some information from Prince Hoseok, so I thank you for it," Ruby said. "I'm glad you got what you needed," Prince Namjoon says.

"There's an annual Flower Expo at the kingdom's largest fairy garden, Tango Garden," he speaks about this Flower Expo he sounds like he was excited. Of course, he is, he loves flowers and talking about them as well, not just flowers but different plants.

"I hope to see you tomorrow at the Flower Expo," Prince Namjoon said. "It's tomorrow?!" Ruby asks, giving him a shocked look. "Why yes," Prince Namjoon chuckles. "I knew that," Ruby awkwardly chuckles.

"We should dance sometime," Ruby randomly speaks about dancing with Prince Namjoon. "Really? I was going to say the same thing," Prince Namjoon chuckles. "What would you do if I picked you on the day of the dance ball?" Ruby asks. "Well, we would dance first then I ask you to marry me and we will rule my kingdom together. That's how it goes, even if you don't pick me, you would have to do the same for the other eligible princes," he explains.

"I mean, I know that, but like your goal with me. Not only do we rule the kingdom, but that one goal you want to do with your future queen. Something that will make both of you happy and endure that moment forever." Prince Namjoon never thought about it, but what made him smile is seeing his future queen and him laying down on the nice clean grass, surrounded by many different flowers.

"Just the two of us, in a big beautiful garden." Ruby knew he would say something with a garden in it. He couldn't help it though, he's a flower boy. She wondered what the other princes' goals would be like if she were to pick one of them each. "About The Lost Problem if you don't mind me asking, but why are you so curious about The Lost Prince, like what made you want to find the prince?" He asked.

"I just have this courage of not giving up and I also felt bad for the Dandelion Kingdom, they lost the only heir of their home and no one knows whether he's alive or dead, but I know he's alive and if the officials won't find him because they give up, then a princess like me should find him!" Ruby stands up from her seat as she proudly stands there with a proud smile on her face.

"You have so much courage, and I would like to help you because you're right," Prince Namjoon stands right next to her. "Thank you, Prince Namjoon, I must go now and ask around about The Lost Prince," Ruby says and kissed his cheek before she walks away. Prince Namjoon stood there, stunned, but admirably watch her leave.

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,155 Words