Chapter Thirty

2 Days Left Until The Ball

"Jare would like for you to visit Practice Hall as today will be your last practice. There are only two days left till he ball," Chip explains as she holds her clipboard. "Our last lesson? It's been quite some time I haven't practiced with Jare. I must go," Ruby said as she stands up from her seat and left the dining hall.

The two had already left the castle and quickly arrived at Practice Hall, where Jare was patiently waiting for her arrival. "Good morning, Jare, I am glad to be here." "I'm happy you agree to come, your highness." Chip settles herself at the grand piano, seeing them speak about the days they spent without seeing each other.

"I can't believe this will be my last dance practice with you," Ruby said, her thumbs fiddle as she looks down at her hands. "I do believe so, but do not worry, I will make sure your dance practice is perfected for the day of the ball," Jare promises and asked if she was ready to practice. Ruby nods and Jare signals Chip to begin playing.

They only practiced one waltz, seeing how Ruby has progressed sufficiently and the many wins she accomplished which just proves Ruby had mastered her dancing in just one month. "I guess we end practice here, Princess. You don't need any more practicing, so I congratulate you," Jare said.

"Thank you, Jare. I was wondering if you like to join me on a date, like a walk around the kingdom and getting to know each other. We never got the chance to do so and I hope we get along before I pick my future prince." Jare felt a strange feeling in his stomach, he never had the chance to be with Ruby outside of being her instructor.

"That's if, you don't mind, your highness?" "Not at all, as long as I get to spend my time with you," Ruby smiles, and the two leave Practice Hall. They began their walk from the castle area to the village area of the kingdom. "I remembered when you would always run around the kingdom when you were younger. We are both the same age, I wanted to play with you, but I became shy to even ask you." "Really? I was like that before?" Ruby asked as Jare began to speak about his memories of the real princess.

"Jare, I would like to remind you that Princess Ruby had a recent accident last month which caused her to have a bit of memory loss." Chip lies in hopes Jare would believe her and of course, he instantly believes Chip. "I'm sorry to hear that, if you want, I can help you regain your memories. That way, we're getting to know each other as we speak." Ruby nods in agreement as the two continued walking, crossing over the small bridge.

"There was this one time when you disobey your father and freely roam around the palace grounds. Your pretty dresses are always covered in dirt and you never stop smiling. It really made me happy." Ruby can tell that Princess Ruby is a carefree person yet always getting herself in trouble. "But now that the annual ball is in two days, you've gotten serious and you improved your dancing quickly." "How was I back then?" Ruby asked.

"You were like an energetic child who has the freedom to roam around the kingdom and never stop smiling." As they walked past Rumba Beach, Jare shared some moments he encountered with the real princess. Being able to talk with Jare as they walk a few somewhat different when Ruby was with the other princes.

"Why don't you tell me about yourself?" Ruby asked, wanting to get to know more about Jare. "As you already know I'm a dance instructor, not only did I taught you to dance, but I also teach young children as well. My favorite dessert is carrot cake and my favorite hobby is just drinking tea during a sunny day." Ruby recalls Jare talk about his grandmother who was ill back then, but what about his parents?

"Jare, if you don't mind me asking, what happened to your parents?" Ruby asked as Jare feels a sudden pain in his head. "To be honest, I don't remember what happened, I know something happened, but every time I try to remember, my head starts hurting." Ruby helps him sit at a nearby bench at Jive Park.