Chapter Twenty-Eight

4 Days Left Until The Ball

This afternoon, the annual dance contest will be held at Dance Hall. Ruby had gotten up early this morning to get ready for the dance contest. Beforehand, she woke up this morning, finding a written note on the left side of her bed, where the princess slept. The note was reported by the princess which read, "Dear Ruby, please meet me at Jive park, an hour before the dance contest starts..." The princess didn't write a reason why she wanted to see Ruby. If the dance contest starts at twelve o'clock, then she should meet up with Princess Ruby at eleven.

Ruby left the castle alone, after letting Chip know where she was going and that later she'll reunite with Chip at Dance Hall. "Wait! Didn't Prince Taehyung said he was going to pick you up?" Chip asked and Ruby mentally smacks her forehead, forgetting the prince's ideal promise, though it was not really a promise. "You're right. Please tell him I do apologize and I'll see him at Dance Hall, there's something I need to take care of." Ruby rushes herself to Jive Park.

Even so, she thinks taking the carriage would've been faster to arrive there because checking the tower clock, it was already 11:05. She uses both of her hands, fisting a handful of her gown, boosting herself to jog a little. Seeing that Ruby got near to Jive Park, she becomes fully aware of the princess' wear. She wears a large black cloak to hide from the public eye. Being that, Ruby approaches the princess, finally catching her breath.

"Is... there something... you need?" Ruby asked in-between breaths. "Chip is not with you? Too bad, I was going to tell you that I will be returning back to your world now. I just had to pick up this bracelet from the jewelry shop." She shows Ruby a blue-white pearl bracelet, the pearls were already cleaned and polished.

"I'll be coming back here on the day of the ball, please take care and good luck." The princess jumps into Ruby's arms and embraces Ruby in a warm hug which causes the hoodie of the cloak to fall from her head, revealing her identity.

"Princess Ruby? There are two of you?!" They both jumped in fear, their heads turn to find none other than Emma, a pesky village girl, whose hair styled in two messy pigtails and wore a purple dress underneath a dirty white apron.

"W-Who are you?" Princess Ruby asked curiously. "Never mind that! She sees the both of us!" Ruby began to freak out, trying to figure out how to explain their situation. "This isn't what it looks like, we're both twin sisters. As your princess, I demand you to keep this a secret-" Emma stops the princess' blabbering explanation and demanded she would expose their secret to the whole kingdom.

"This isn't a secret for me to keep, when do you plan to stop this stupid lie and tell your own kingdom about a different world than ours? That girl isn't from here, is she? Don't you think you're betraying your kingdom with this nonsense?" Emma smirks and runs off.

"This is terrible, if my father knows about this, I will get into big trouble. We must find her and stop her from telling anyone about our secret," Princess Ruby said in such a courageous manner. "We? Instead, I'll go find her myself. You just return back to my world and stay there until the day of the ball!" Ruby is angrier than the princess carelessly was.

Seeing how frustrated and angry Ruby was, the princess takes note of Ruby's clear statement and does what she interacted with the princess. Ruby puts the hoodie on for the princess and separated their ways. Ruby first arrives at Rumba Beach, to see if she had run off here. As she's looking around, Prince Jimin walks up to her, his face looked like he was worried for her. The way she breathes hard and her gown looking a bit wrinkly from the way her fists are so tightened on her gown.

"Have you seen a girl with two pigtails, a purple dress, with a white apron?" Prince Jimin nodded his head, rethinking the moment he saw Emma entering the beach, but weirdly left, just one step inside and left." Where did she go?" "It looked like she was heading to Samba Square-" "Thank you!" Ruby runs back before Prince Jimin could say anything else. She doesn't want to waste time, only half an hour left till the contest starts.

"I was going to say you ran all the way here to pick me as your dance partner instead of Prince Taehyung," he mumbles to himself, holding his chest in agony as if he was heartbroken. Arriving at Samba Square as fast as she can, she looks around to find Emma, but instead, she encounters Prince Seokjin as well as both Princesses Rosie and Josie.

"No! Prince Seokjin will be my partner for the dance contest!" Princess Rosie shouts at her sister, grabbing Prince Seokjin's left arm. "Too bad, Prince Seokjin will be my partner for the dance contest!" Princess Josie shouts back, holding Prince Seokjin's right arm. "Please let me go, I decided to just watch the dance contest and support Princess Ruby and Prince Taehyung-" "You keep out of this, Prince Seokjin! This is OUR problem!" Princess Rosie yells at the poor prince.

"Don't you think I should be the one who to decide?" He sorrowful utters underneath his breath. She strolls over to them, anticipating if any of them have seen Emma around. "H-Hey! Have you seen a girl with pigtails around here? She was wearing a purple dress with a white apron," Ruby explained, trying to give them a good description of what Emma looked like. "That ugly girl? I think so. Before my sister and I saw Prince Seokjin, she purposely bumped into me without even an apology." Princess Rosie huffs.

"I heard her mumble about visiting the castle as if the guards would let her in looking like that," Princess Josie snickers. "Thank you, I must get going now!" Ruby hurries, leaving the distressed prince alone with the two greedy princesses. "W-Wait, Princess Ruby! Please take me with you," Prince Seokjin pleads as he is being restrained once again by the princesses. He couldn't believe they have quite a strong grip on the prince.

In the meantime, Ruby felt like the way she runs with her gown, it was like she was Cinderella running from the prince at the strike of midnight. But that doesn't matter, she's running out of time and she needs to find Emma. "Your highness!" She hears Chip calling out to her. Ruby stops to catch her breath, her hair is already messy, her head is covered in sweat and her gown was ruined.

"You look like a mess, you cannot go to the dance contest looking like that and we most definitely don't have time for you to get change-" "I don't care about that, what matters is that there's a girl who knows about our secret," Ruby whispers loudly enough for Chip to listen.

"What? You mean you and the real princess got caught?" Chip asked. "Yes, a girl with pigtails, she was wearing this purple dress with a. Dirty white-" "Wait, wait, wait!" Chip stops her from blabbering. "Emma? That sneaky brat is always causing trouble, I've seen dirty work from her, always getting into trouble. This is bad, I just saw her past by the castle, but we cannot waste time chasing for her when there's a dance contest we should attend."

"What do we do then?!" Ruby frantically panics. "Here's the plan, don't worry about Emma. I will have my animal friends find Emma, the only thing you should focus on is the dance contest. Prince Taehyung just came here to get you, but I told him that you had to handle some important business and you will meet him at Dance Hall. I ordered a royal carriage for us to get to Dance Hall, we have twenty minutes left till the contest starts, let me fix you up." Chip magically pulls her small magic wand, murmuring some magic spell, and waved her wand around Ruby.

Just like that, Ruby's hair was fixed back perfectly and. Her wrinkly gown fixed back to. normal. "Perfect, just in time," Chip proudly said as the royal carriage halted in front of the castle. They both hopped in, Ruby tried to calm herself from worrying about Emma. Chip hated what she was about to do, but this was the only way to calm Ruby.

"Please forgive me, your highness, but you being nervous won't help you focus on the dance contest," Chip tells Ruby who looked at her confused. Once more, Chip takes her magic wand and mumbles a different kind of spell, directly pointing her wand at Ruby, a fast comet-like brightly shoots Ruby.

Chip waits for Ruby's reaction, seeing if there was any changes. "Woah, w-what did you just do?" Ruby asked, resting her head on her palm. "Do you remember anything from earlier?" Chip asked. "Not really, I feel like there was something I did before I came to you, but I forgot what was it," Ruby says as she turns to look out the small window of the carriage.

Chip sighs in relief, knowing the spell won't really last long, probably a few days, still, at least Ruby won't have to worry about Emma for now. There were only fifteen minutes left until the dance contest starts, thankfully, they arrived at Dance Hall just in time...

To Be Continued In Part Two...

~~~~

1,630 Words...