Chapter Three

29 Days Left Until The Ball

Ruby and Chip are back at Practice Hall and Jare begins his lessons. "I forgot to teach you yesterday while we were practicing the steps. Not only do we do those steps, but we have to move sideways in order to dance in a box-motion," Jare explains. "So, let me show you what I mean," Jare says and starts off by taking a step forward with his left foot first then he uses his right foot to step to the side with his left foot.

"Then I use my right foot to step back and my left footstep to the side. Just repeat, but for the ladies is the opposite. So let us go into positions and I should demonstrate you," Jare says. His arm snaked around her waist and their hands connected. As he moves his left foot forward, Ruby moves her right foot backward. "Just pretend you're dancing in front of a mirror. All you have to do is watch my steps, try not to collide with me," Jare says and soon, Ruby thought this was getting easy.

She now understands the steps and thought this was fun. "Now that you got the hang of it, let's try to go fast and dance around the room," Jare said as he began to speed this dance a little fast. Ruby felt like she was dancing just like Prince Seokjin and Princess Juliana.

"It seems like Prince Yoongi is wrong about you, Princess Ruby," a voice said by the door entrance of the Practice Hall. They stop their dance and saw Prince Jimin standing with a smirk on his face. "What do you mean about Prince Yoongi?" Ruby asks a look of sadness appears on her face and Prince Jimin didn't mean to make her upset if she knew about the mean rumor Prince Yoongi spread about Princess Ruby's bad dancing.

"Nevermind that, I heard you're getting good at dancing and I was wondering, can I have this dance?" Prince Jimin asks, lending his hand out. "But- um," Ruby becomes hesitant, but she sees Jare giving her a look of encouragement and accepts the prince's offer.

Chip plays some music on the piano and the two began to dance. Prince Jimin can tell she's not very familiar with the dance well, so he tries to go easy on her so she doesn't trip and fall. But nevertheless, Ruby indeed learned a lot in just two days. Prince Jimin moved a little faster and surprisingly, Ruby was able to catch up with her steps.

Jade and Chip seemed impressed by Ruby's skills and were grinning at each other. "Wow, I see you're getting better than Prince Yoongi," Prince Jimin winks. Ruby felt like she was dancing at the dinner party, eyes on her and everyone's faces beamed at Ruby.

By the time Chip ends the song, Ruby and Prince Jimin ended their dance session and bowed at each there. "Ruby, you were excellent!" Jare said. "Thank you," Ruby said as she thanked the rabbit-man instructor.

"Well, not only did I come here to dance with you, but to ask you to go on a date with me, would you?" Prince Jimin asks. "Well, let's just consider this as hanging out," Ruby says, confusing the prince, not knowing what she meant.

"Alright, I guess that sounds better," The prince shrugs. "I think it's nice you two should go out and get to know each other," Chip says, patting Ruby's back, signaling her it was her chance to know Prince Jimin better.

Prince Jimin and Ruby headed to the kingdom's Samba Square, a village with many markets, shops, small restaurants, and many more to buy and visit. Chip follows behind in case if Ruby makes a mistake if the prince asks questions. "So why do you keep mentioning Prince Yoongi?" Ruby asks a question that remained a mystery to her.

But that mystery will be unsolved when Prince Jimin decided to tell Ruby so her feelings don't get hurt. "Well, Prince Yoongi spread rumors about watching you practicing your dance and fell down. I didn't believe him and well, I had to come to see you dance so I can prove him wrong." The prince anxiously finished explaining and Ruby, somewhat, didn't feel downcast or angry, but she knows she won't give up and prove to Prince Yoongi she can be better.

As a matter of fact, she will ask Prince Yoongi to be her dance partner. "It's not your fault, Prince Jimin, I'm going to ask Prince Yoongi to be my dance partner for the grand ball!" Ruby confidently says, but Chip and Prince Jimin knew that wouldn't turn out good. 

"You know you're talking about the Prince Yoongi of the Iris Kingdom, right?" Prince Jimin worriedly asks her. "Yes, why do you ask?" Ruby asks with a concerned face. "Well, he's a tough competitor. He competes in various dance competitions, being marked as the second worldwide best prince in dancing. He danced with famous princesses and no matter what kind of a princess you come from, he'll reject those who dance poorly. He'd rather dance with a princess with such a gifted talent."

"I'm not saying you're bad at dancing, trust me, you were definitely good and I think everyone would say the same, but Prince Yoongi. He has judged, any princesses and the results were not good. If he saw you dancing, he'd never say yes to your request. That's why you should ask me," Prince Jimin snickers.

"You're just saying that because you want me to choose you," Ruby rolls her eyes in annoyance. "Actually, Prince Jimin is right about Prince Yoongi," Chip says, agreeing with Prince Jimin. "Then who was the first worldwide prince before Prince Yoongi?" Ruby asks, remembering Prince Jimin mentioning it.

"Oh, I thought you knew about The Lost Prince?" Prince Jimin asks, stopped in their tracks, and pointed at a paper that was nailed onto a tree. "The Lost Prince?" Ruby asks as she sees the picture of what looked like a young boy with light-brown hair and ocean-blue eyes. "The princess is struggling with memory loss and she doesn't really care about this type of stuff," Chip nervously laughs it off. 

"But I am actually interested in this Lost Prince, tell me, Prince Jimin," Ruby demands the prince. "Supposedly the tale goes that The Lost Prince was originally Prince Jungkook Jeon of the Dandelion Empire. They said on the day of his eleventh birthday, he fought with his parents about something he didn't agree about and ran away from his kingdom home and disappeared without a trace. The only thing that was left behind was his crown to rule his kingdom. His parents, the king, and queen had never left their kingdom since his disappearance. It's been about ten years and nobody has heard about him. Everyone says that he could be dead, but all of the kingdom's trusted wizards, fairies, and even witches tried to use their magic and spells to find him, but no work. But the good news says that he's alive and well and is hiding beyond us."

Ruby was fascinated and thought she could find The Lost Prince herself. But with all the dancing lessons and meeting with Princes could take her time on finding the unsolved mystery of The Lost Prince.

"Everyone still tries to find the prince just to get the gold," Prince Jimin says, pointing at the amount of gold that would be given as a reward. "Wow, that's sad." "Well, I'll let you go off on your own, there's a princess waiting for me," the prince cheekily smiles as he departs his way to a beautiful princess who was shopping and flirted her with cheesy pick-up lines.

"The Lost Prince, huh? Do you think I could find him?" She asks Chip. "Well, the real princess never cared about finding The Lost Prince, but I see you're more interested in finding him, so it could be possible to find him, especially since you're from the other world," Chip shrugs. "Why? You want the gold?" Chip smirks.

"Not really, I love solving mysteries and thought finding the prince could be a hobby here while I'm taking the real princess' place," Ruby explains. Their conversation may be too low for the villagers to hear during the busy days at Samba Square, but a specific villager has heard their conversation.

A typical nasty, rebellious girl who likes ruining people's lives and causing trouble, resulting in her having no friends at all because of her mean personality. Her name was Emma. "So that girl is an imposter and not the real princess, we will see about that, your highness," Emma evilly laughs and runs away.

To Be Continued...

~~~~

1,468 Words